how to debug your internet conecction from your house to site A

how to know if my comunication from my Isp is not been have intercepted (from my Isp)

or modify/redirect the traffic from my home to "x" host

all include,dns redirects,https mitm,etc

how to know if my communication from my Isp is not been have intercepted (from my Isp)
I don't think there is a way to tell. All it takes is a tee inline.
Maybe you could see the hop in a trace route of your traffic. I doubt it.
With a tee they don't have to decrypt in realtime. They can work on their copy at their own leisure by storing the stream.

To modify or redirect the packet flow would show up. Redirect is probably easier with state level BGP exploits.
BGP is old and crusty much like SS7. Much of the backbone is not very secure. From IP packets to cellular packets.
If they have the resources they will slurp it.
Everybody is watched all the time. Guilty or not.

Yea, a couple of years ago a pedophile was caught, he sent a child picture over some chat service. The news item briefly mentioned all images are scanned automatically for unlawful content ... You could get a ticket for speeding you did last summer if they wanted to, based on your cell phone location data, some mobile service providers store it for years ...

Some nice, but hard to interpret informations you'll get with the port net/mtr; Usage example: "mtr -r -c 30 IP-Adress" (will collect infos for 30 seconds); Do that - if possible - in both directions.

thanks guys, I know that is not easy , long time ago I see some posts relating to this..so I start diging

Back