Other How Do I Mount The Windows 10 NTFS Partition Via /etc/fstab?

I tried Googling, editing the fstab File, using mountlate, but no dice... :( That's why I'm here; I'm having trouble still Mounting the Windows 10 Partition with fstab. I can mount it with ntfs-3g, but not through /etc/fstab ... Weird. :\ If I don't use mountlate, I of course get a Root Shell Prompt. What could I be doing wrong I wonder...? :) Thanks for any suggestions, guys... :) I even looked on the Forums here; again, no dice..... :(

Be careful. Windows 10 did something where if you make any changes to an NTFS partition, the changes will not appear in Windows unless you unmount the partition in FreeBSD first. Otherwise you will get MFT errors in Windows.

Be careful. Windows 10 did something where if you make any changes to an NTFS partition, the changes will not appear in Windows unless you unmount the partition in FreeBSD first. Otherwise you will get MFT errors in Windows.
Ok... :) Thanks for that. :) But what does MFT stand for? :)

Master file table. The part of the partition that lists all the files and their physical location on the disk.
Thanks for answering me kindly. :D I asked what AML stood for in an OpenBSD group, and one of the devs said "Google it for f***'s sake!" :( I've got nothing against searching the Web, but if someone approaches me and asks me a tech question, then it shouldn't take more than a quarter-Calorie to respond. I swear, I hate arrogance...

Thanks for answering me kindly. :D I asked what AML stood for in an OpenBSD group, and one of the devs said "Google it for f***'s sake!" :( I've got nothing against searching the Web, but if someone approaches me and asks me a tech question, then it shouldn't take more than a quarter-Calorie to respond. I swear, I hate arrogance...

Just be glad it wasn't the Arch Linux forums. 🤣

Well there's that and also the fact the Arch Linux forums are historic and legendary for the snobs there who will jump all over you and delete your posts for asking questions.
Yeesh..... If you want people to use the OS you like, show them kindness. That's why I like this Forum. :) You guys are so friendly here. And this is coming from someone with Autism, who has trouble when social situations get hostile. :) By the way, is that Ozzy in your Profile Pic? :D

Yeesh..... If you want people to use the OS you like, show them kindness. That's why I like this Forum. :) You guys are so friendly here. And this is coming from someone with Autism, who has trouble when social situations get hostile. :) By the way, is that Ozzy in your Profile Pic? :D

What sirdice said

I'd reply to him with:
How do I do the "Google it" thing? I never used it.
But, thanks anyway, I'll try my fav. WAIS web crawler and indexer to find out what AML means, you IDAMF.
Now, GTFO and Google it!
😁

I'd reply to him with:
But, thanks anyway, I'll try my fav. WAIS web crawler and indexer to find out what AML means, you IDAMF.
Now, GTFO and Google it!
😁
Except I looked up the Acronym IDAMF, and nothing came up. :) Guess I better Google it... Oh crap, I just entered infinite Recursion. :( Now, with this 64 Bit CPU, I've got until the Universe grows cold and dark, and my Laptop disolves.....

I'd reply to him with:
Now, GTFO and Google it!
😁
Actually, he'd probably respond with RTFM. ;)

Back