How do I find my bios version & upgrade my bios with a running 13.1 x64 system

continuing from thread 25..............in the meantime I had tried to swap out the FBSD hard disk with a Windows 10 hard drive but I was utterly mystified that whatever I tried to do to load the Windows 10 iso onto the swap drive it would not work, only very briefly displaying the Windows logo. In the case of the cd/dvd drives they whirred away until automatically rebooting. Even more perplexing was that when I put the original FBSD disk in the same drive it loaded normally. I tried three cdrom/dvd drives, all with the same result, setting the hardware priority as a basic routine in each instance. Using usb connected iso drives didn't work at all. USB is enabled in the overall bios but is not included in the boot bios. Only floppy & removable disks are covered as extra bootables.

Although I have sorted out the current bios issue, before I move on I would like to learn why this dilemma has occurred, remembering that this a 2004 mobo.
I have either a hard drive with unknown software on it or a new SSD drive to swap with & dvd drives to burn with, incuding multi layer, if needed.

Back