Solved How do I displaying bsdconfig properly with Putty?

I could have sword I ran across this ages ago but my Google-fu is failing me. What do I need to adjust so that the boarders for the bsdconfig tool show up properly when using Putty?

They show up as:

Code:
bsdconfig
qqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqq

lqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqMain Menuqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqk
                                 x If you've already installed FreeBSD, you may use x
                                 x this menu to customize it somewhat to suit your  x
                                 x particular configuration.  Most importantly, you x
                                 x can use the Packages utility to load extra '3rd  x
                                 x party' software not provided in the base         x
                                 x distributions.                                   x
                                 x lqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqk x
                                 x x        X  Exit                               x x
                                 x x        1  Usage                              x x
                                 x x        2  Documentation installation         x x
                                 x x        3  Packages                           x x
                                 x x        4  Root Password                      x x
                                 x x        5  Disk Management                    x x
                                 x x        6  Login/Group Management             x x
                                 x x        7  Console                            x x
                                 x x        8  Timezone                           x x
                                 x x        9  Mouse                              x x
                                 x x        A  Networking Management              x x
                                 x x        B  Security                           x x
                                 x x        C  Startup                            x x
                                 x x        D  Ttys                               x x
                                 x mqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqj x
                                 tqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqu
                                 x<      OK      > <Exit bsdconfig> <     Help     >x
                                 mqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqj

Exit bsdconfig

Instead of drawing lines.

EDIT: Had to switch to using iso-8859-1 in both putty and ~/.login_conf. UTF8 in both didn't work.

You probably need to adjust your PuTTY settings for that session. In specific check the Windows => Translation section, and select the correct character set for your server.

You probably need to adjust your PuTTY settings for that session. In specific check the Windows => Translation section, and select the correct character set for your server.

Thanks, that was it. I had to switch it to iso-8859-1. Oddly despite my locale being configured for UTF-8.

Back