Solved how can i install clangd on freebsd?

hi i'm really new to unix/linux system, so it would be a dumb question.
my ultimate goal is to setup environment of helix editor and c++, but i dont know how to do it what can i do?

There are several important considerations regarding the use of clangd, including on FreeBSD:
  • Building from source is better than installing from a package (see below for why);
  • Those IDEs that work with clangd may require a version from a narrowly limited range. This is because each new version of clangd has different flags, some of which are deprecated. Moreover, these are far from the latest versions, and this project is developing rapidly. In the case of using Emacs lsm-mode, it is possible to specify any flags for different versions.;
  • You may want to use Clangd Remote Index using -DCLANGD_ENABLE_REMOTE=ON;
  • This in turn will require the installation of grpc and a number of third party libraries (abseil-cpp, protobuf, etc.). Of course, you can install them from the FreeBSD repository. However, in most cases (for various versions of llvm 12/13/14 vs FreeBSD 13.0/13.1, building clangd remote index with -DCLANGD_ENABLE_REMOTE=ON using grpc from prebuilt packages failed.
  • Of course, you can install grpc-related packages from the FreeBSD repository. However, in most cases (for various versions of llvm 12/13/14 vs FreeBSD 13.0/13.1, building with grpc support from prebuilt packages failed. This entails using an additional llvm build option -DGRPC_INSTALL_PATH="/path/to/grpc ".

Back