Solved Host Jail and Syslogd to Syslog-ng

I have a freebsd jail host with currently 4 rsyncd jails samba_server haproxy and syslog-ng, the latter should act as a centralized log server with syslog-ng. I have successfully set the syslogd -ss flag on all servers. And I set syslog-ng on udp 514. The external switch devices etc. correctly write the log to the host and in the jails I correctly set a remote.conf *.* @hostname:514 but no logs are sent back to me from the jails and by the host

I have successfully set the syslogd -ss flag on all servers.
I correctly set a remote.conf *.* @hostname:514 but no logs are sent back to me
-ss turns off all network sockets.

Code:
     -s      Operate in secure mode.  Do not log messages from remote
             machines.  If specified twice, no network socket will be opened
             at all, which also disables logging to remote machines.
syslogd(8)

The jails and the host that must send via syslogd are in -ss while the jail that acts as the syslog-ng server has syslog-ng listening on the 514. the clients must send not receive

External switch and nas send messagge to udp 514 and syslog-ng write correct log.

At the moment I'm gaining experience and I'm not using vnet so I have all the jails on a single ethernet card so I had to use syslogd -ss to be able to activate syslog-ng on the 514 udp. I wanted to use syslogd as a client on the jails and the host to send logs to centralized syslog-ng.

I removed syslogd_flags, but nothing arrives if I run logger -h bsd01 -p 514 %message% the message arrives but syslogd does not send messages

Back