Help with misc keys behaving incorrectly/not behaving

stratacast1

So I've put up with this issue since the beginning, but now I'm finding I wish to fix my keyboard issues as I will often swap between Linux SSH sessions and my own terminal and find my keys don't work as expect. First off, my keyboard is a Vortex Racer 3, so I don't know how that classifies in the list of keyboards. Also, I use BASH as my primary terminal for now

My issues:
When I want to jump words by delimiter with Ctrl+L or Ctrl+R, instead of jumping words, it instead types ;5D

This other one is perhaps related to KDE5, but I'm uncertain. That is, my media shortcuts don't work. Fn+(F1-F6) handle media keys. Fn+F10 works for print screen, so I think that supports my thought that this is KDE5 or at least Xorg specific. Simply going in and editing the keyboard shortcut for, say, mute to be Fn+F1 in the GUI results in now identified output from my keyboard. Any guidance with these problems are much appreciated! At the very least if the first issue can be solved

SirDice

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

When I want to jump words by delimiter with Ctrl+L or Ctrl+R, instead of jumping words, it instead types ;5D
The magic word here is bindkey(1). It's a shell builtin. I'm betting your Linux installation has a whole bunch of them predefined, whereas on FreeBSD you get the bog-standard set.
That is, my media shortcuts don't work. Fn+(F1-F6) handle media keys.
The problem is that these are not always as standard as they should be. Check with x11/xev and see if they actually produce keycodes. If you get a keycode you can assign them using the keyboard preferences.

OP
OP
stratacast1

stratacast1

The problem is that these are not always as standard as they should be. Check with x11/xev and see if they actually produce keycodes. If you get a keycode you can assign them using the keyboard preferences.
I've already tried using x11/xev to see if there was any output, and there are no keycodes that are produced when I use those keys. I'm not sure if that's a layout modification that has to happen or not.