[Help 7.2] Firewall to block all non-German IP's

Hello together!

I'm from germany and I have some problems witch "denal of service" to my SSH and many other TCP/UDP Ports from other countries :\

Who know a Firewall to block them? :f

There was a discussion on this not too long ago. There's a site that keeps lists of IP address ranges assigned to different countries - you basically just create a table and block the addresses in it with pf.

hmmn... that's not bad but it's not for me :D

how can I block all non-German ip's ... not how can I block bad ip's :)

if one people from china like to join my teamspeak-server or my game-server he must get a block. (very bad english :( )

The "TABLES" section in the pf.conf(5) man page explains how files can be used to list ip addresses.

Here's my own pf.conf modified for your needs:
Code:
tcp_services = "{ ssh }"
table <german> persist file "/etc/german"

set block-policy drop
set skip on lo

scrub in

block log all
pass proto icmp
pass in proto tcp from <german> to any port $tcp_services
pass out

It basically blocks all incoming trafick except ssh from german ipaddresses listed in /etc/german. All outgoing traffic is also acceptet.

thank you ver very mutch!

and how can I block all services? Not only SSH?
HTML:
"tcp_services = "{ ssh }"
?:stud

Add it to the tcp_services macro (if it's tcp, else create a udp_services macro and make a new rule) and reload the ruleset.

Don't ask how, it's all in the pf.conf(5) manual, and in the FAQ. Do your homework (that's what 16 year-olds are supposed to do ..).

Is that right?
I like to open for only german ip's port: 27015(Counterstrike) + 1337(Teamspeak) + 22(SSH)

rc.conf

Code:
pf_enable="YES"
pf_rules="/path/to/pf1.conf"
pf_rules="/path/to/pf2.conf"

pf1.conf:
Code:
tcp_services = "{ ssh }"

set block-policy drop
set skip on lo

scrub in

block log all
pass proto icmp
pass out

pf2.conf:
Code:
tcp_services = "{ 1337, 27015 }"

set block-policy drop
set skip on lo

scrub in

block log all
pass proto icmp
pass out

but my "/etc/german" file doesn't exist?! Can someone give me a examle?
Can I generate it witch http://services.ce3c.be/ciprg/ ?

Of course /etc/german doesn't exist. FreeBSD doesn't magically contain a table with German IP addresses. You'll have to create it.

You cannot use the http://services.ce3c.be/ciprg/?countrys=GERMANY data directly, because IP addresses need to be listed like 1.2.3.4 or 1.2.3.4/24. Ranges (1.2.3.4-1.2.3.5) do not work. There's probably some way to convert the range data into cidr data, but I have nothing ready.

BTW, you can't do this:

Code:
pf_rules="/path/to/pf1.conf"
pf_rules="/path/to/pf2.conf"

There can only be one of everything, or the second one will overrule the first one. In this case, only pf2.conf will be loaded, not pf1.conf.

No, that won't work. Format examples were given above. It's either one IP address per line (not workable with millions of IP addresses), or one cidr range per line (like 53.0.0.0/8, which is the first entry of that list, i.e. 53.0.0.0-53.255.255.255).

hmmn... it doesn't work :r
My IP² is: 88.198.*.*

I have block this rage: 88.198.0.0/16 and after 1reboot I can use SSH :(

How are you blocking it? And why? You wanted German IPs to have access, right? That table <german> was used to allow access ('pass'), not block it. What does your ruleset look like? What does [cmd=]pfctl -sr[/cmd] look like? And why reboot when you can simply reload the ruleset?

I like to test it witch my other PC witch other ip²

Code:
pfctl -sr :
No ALTQ support in kernel
ALTQ related functions disabled

and
Code:
pfctl -F all -f /etc/pf2.conf :

No ALTQ support in kernel
ALTQ related functions disabled
rules cleared
nat cleared