Other HD Cache to Zfs Mirroring not reinstall OS

Freebsd 14.0 Release

Hello everyone, I have an installation with a zroot system disk, a zfs mirroring, 2 disks plus a cache disk, it is possible to unhook the cache disk and create a mirror with the system disk without formatting the machine, the disks are identical!!!! .

What is the output of "zpool history" on the mirror? That should tell us exactly what you did with the mirror and cache device.

I think a "zpool remove <whateverthecachedeviceis>" should work, but you may need to make sure the mirror is not in use. The "in use" may require you rebooting to single user mode, maybe needing to export the zpool mirror.

Wait I have a system disk without any mirror ok. then I have 2 mirror disks + 1 cache disk. I would like to detach the cache disk and create a mirror with the system disk without reinstalling the operating system.

Wait I have a system disk without any mirror ok. then I have 2 mirror disks + 1 cache disk. I would like to detach the cache disk and create a mirror with the system disk without reinstalling the operating system.
Understood. That's why everything I was talking about referenced the mirror zpool. I think what Emrion says should help.

Back