hatop broken

Hello in FreeBSD 11.0-Release-P1 I have tried to compile /usr/ports/sysutils/hatop unfortunately it is marked as broken. Does anyone know if this port will become available again?
nedry

Hello sorry a very newbie question, what do i type to patch /usr/ports/sysutils/hatop port? Many thanks, Nedry

Hi just patched sysutils/hatop after patching it with patch -u < hatop-0.7.7.diff The patch applied without any errors so i then compiled with make install clean this completed without errors. However when running hatop i get the following errors:
Code:
env: python No such file or directory
nedry

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi the solution was to manually install python-2.7_2,2 and then try hatop again, this worked. So unfortunately the patch does not build and install python as part of the dependencies.
nedry

The proper python entry needed I believe.
${LOCALBASE}/usr/local/bin/python:lang/python27

Maybe this:
RUN_DEPENDS=
${LOCALBASE}/usr/local/bin/python:lang/python27
${LOCALBASE}/sbin/haproxy:net/haproxy

Including USES=python without arguments in the makefile adds Python to BUILD_DEPENDS, RUN_DEPENDS, and TEST_DEPENDS. Something is up with your userland.

I already patched the file and it works if you install lang/python. Anyway, I still consider this broken and unmaintained since it hasn't been updated for 6 years.

I edited the first line in /usr/local/bin/hatop to #!/usr/bin/env python3.5 and tested to see if it'll work with python3.x but it doesn't as it threw an error:

Code:
  File "/usr/local/bin/hatop", line 1090
    except RuntimeWarning, x:
                         ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

Anyway, it's broken as it hasn't been updated for 6 years.
There were upstream changes about a year ago: https://github.com/feurix/hatop/commit/64e0f26d2e392d1f2535f1b0229e45798c7514e8.

I edited /usr/local/bin/hatop and changed the following line from:
Code:
#!/usr/bin/env python
to
Code:
#!/usr/bin/env python3.5
Upstream's INSTALL says "no Python 3 support planned yet". https://github.com/feurix/hatop/blob/master/INSTALL

I already updated the patch to explicitly require python 2. https://bugs.freebsd.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=213477

On a new system I tried a make install on sysutils/hatop. It downloaded and installed it without needing the patch. Great!! but after make install still had
Code:
will the port be configured by default to ask for lang/python27?

nedry

The port needs to depend directly on lang/python which will install the correct /usr/local/bin/python symlink. I can't check now if Uses += python can set up that dependency but maybe someone else can.

OK Great, i installed python35 still gave
Code:
so I did a make deinstall and then a make install in port python27 unfortunately i sill get:
Code:
I read it needs python27 unfortunately it looks like when I installed python27 it did not set automatically the
environment variables.
nedry

Back