Happy new year!

The wind is blowing westward; the pacific region is gradually entering the 2020.

Did you hear/read that people should write the year in full on any document to minimise pamperig with the numbers - 2 0 2 0? If you wrote 20, it could easily be changed to 20{19, 18,....} to invalidate your docs.

Happy New Year!

I would rather wish everyone an intrusion free 2020! I don't understand how IT minded people can wish someone a happy new year in a world full of corrupt and spying hardware and software.

SirDice When the kids are in bed I might have some of that bubbly. So You need to take over my duty on the beer, scotch and food duty.

And a good 2020 to all of you!

Edit: out of curiosity: does anyone know the rules for the ISS? Or do they party 16 times?

What an exciting time to be alive and bear witness to. I see good things on the horizon for me in 2020. The rest of the World, not so much... Happy New Year!

It can't get any worse.

Are you going to issue yourself a medical marijuana card tomorrow, drhowarddrfine? You sound depressed and that probably will qualify as a reason for you. It becomes legal here tomorrow, or you could drive across the river where recreational marijuana is legal.

I might take a drive over with my homegirl to have lunch on occasion, or go for a drive, but neither of us are getting a card.

Happy new year!

Joke heard from coworker: I could tell you what will happen in the future, but I don't have 20 20 vision.

It becomes legal here tomorrow, or you could drive across the river where recreational marijuana is legal.
It's as if they are legalizing another form of getting high and I find that very strange and it unsettles me.
Joke heard from coworker:
That's a good one I wish I heard a month ago. It reminds me of recipes for Thanksgiving some magazines put out on Thanksgiving day. Why didn't you tell me that a month ago?!

Happy New Year, best wishes, XOXO! :-**

I'll be celebrating at home, I have some beer, Bacardi, nuts, chips and whatnot and I'm planning on getting seriously drunk.
I'm also at home now :) I have weed, champagne, pure MDMA crystals and nice teenager girls (almost everything is legal)). I won't be drunk too ;)
Cheers!

It's as if they are legalizing another form of getting high and I find that very strange and it unsettles me.

I'm under the impression that only medical marijuana prescribed for pain relief has a high to it. I think the rest is comparable to the CBD products they sell in convenience stores but never tried CDB, either.

Now legalized recreational marijuana is a different story and a Weed Walmart not the business model I have supported. My homegirl vacationed in Colorado last summer and raved about the time they had smoking legal weed in public and liked the candy best.

So now that the ball was in motion, logic must have dictated legalizing Psilocybin. Everyone knows the higher you are the better you drive and the hallucinations, patterns and colors mushroom bring merely eyecandy to enhance the driving experience. I don't see the logic in it, or evidence of critical thought in the decision, but their moral compass spinning like a manic merry-go-round compared to the ocasional erraticism in mine of solace to me.

I believe alcohol presents more of a problem than evil weed is capable of producing. It will be 24 years in April since I quit drinking, and while it presented a new demon in place of it to overcome, I prevailed and my life much better for it. I started smoking weed almost 50 years ago at the age of 13 and it changed my whole style of life to become a way of life. I can't say for the better, but feel no worse off for it. I'm happy with my life and at peace with myself.

Your mileage is likely to vary greatly from mine. Not everyone who lives that lifestyle is able to overcome the challenges and obstacle that come with it or lives to tell about it. A lifestyle using legal MJ will still have an impact on young peoples lives and bring some of the same risks with it.

Reactions: bjs
Happy new year.
My personnal techno wishes for 2020 :
  • Install FreeBSD in my recent laptop (WIP, only few bugs with X11/Intel/NVidia as a lot of people here and in linux world...)
  • Use bhyve (to test virtualization and maybe propose it in future mission - I have to use AWS / Docker / OS X in my current job)
  • Use poudriere to personnalize my laptop(s) and my server ( I only use pkg on it )
  • Use a Tiling WM
  • Reinstall my Macbook pro 2009 with a working FreeBSD (OS X reinstalled freshly to test a "Bootcamp" installation)
  • Understood the goal of projects like Wayland (why not X12 ?), systemd (what is the problem with current init system ?)...

What an exciting time to be alive and bear witness to. I see good things on the horizon for me in 2020. The rest of the World, not so much...

100% accuracy on both counts and came to pass within one weeks time.

The Dept of Justice is representing me in a legal matter I can't lose. Rockets falling on US bases in Iraq reported on the news now.

It's not always good to be right, but I only predict the future. The bad part is on them. :rolleyes:

Back