Handbook with a dark theme

Hi,

I did a dark theme for the handbook, I tried to use decent colors and style to make it comfortable for everyone.
The dark theme works also for all the documentation (books and articles) on docs.freebsd.org, you can also use it online and offline (with a bit of work).
Instructions are in the README I tried my best to keep it clear and simple but if you have some questions I'll try to answer them if I can.
I hope you 'll enjoy it as I do.

PS:
I really don't know where to put this topic, feel free to move it where it should be.

Nice, happy to see its on the Codeberg, and personally, I found the following combination for dark theme is easy on the eyes:
Colour palette (man.netbsd.org) + Fonts (man.openbsd.org)

Nice, happy to see its on the Codeberg
Thank you, I hesitated with notabug.org but Gogs seems to struggle more than Gitea so I choose codeberg.org. I do not regret it so far, it is simple I really don't need what others offer, plus the guys over there are nice they even guide me when I needed.
For someone how don't play often with git, Gitea is just fine at least for me.
Fun fact: making the git stuff, I mean learning the basics of git presentation etc..., took me more time than the theme itself :XD

Colour palette (man.netbsd.org) + Fonts (man.openbsd.org)
Yep, pastel color palette make you feel calm, that's nice.
For the fonts ... well I am kind of annoying guy about this 😅

• Thanks
Reactions: a6h
For the fonts ... well I am kind of annoying guy about this 😅
Agreed. Fonts are very personal. I won't say it's subjective though, but I'm not familiar with objective metrics either! By the way, I'm using "terminus" font everywhere, FreeBSD, Windows; even in places you're not supposed to use monospaced typefaces.

[EDIT]:
IIRC the "terminus" font was SirDice suggestion.

By the way, I'm using "terminus" font everywhere, FreeBSD, Windows; even in places you're not supposed to use monospaced typefaces.
It looks like you beat me :)
The current mono font I use is JetBrains Mono, with Alacritty the combo suits me well. But outside the terminal it doesn't feel all right to me, the rendering is different.
Fonts are a bit tricky, like you said everyone has a different opinion.

Go with "DejaVu Sans Mono". It works everywhere, here (FreeBSD), over there (Windows) ...
Honestly I can't stand that font as monospace, I know sometimes this is settled by default on some Linux distribution but it's not for me.
Well I told you I am annoying with font ^_^

• Thanks
Reactions: a6h
Back