Guide on kernel panics

Does anyone know of anything like a guide for handling kernel panics?

Invariably, just after logging in , I get an error along the lines of:-
Fatal kernel mode data abort: 'Translation Fault (P)'

How do I figure out what this means and what is causing it?

Any idea whether or not it might be related to your activities? Were you installing new software or tweaking your system in any way before those messages appeared?

Any idea whether or not it might be related to your activities? Were you installing new software or tweaking your system in any way before those messages appeared?
It's completely related to what I've been doing building FreeBSD on ARM. I don't have any problems related to i386/amd64 although I've never tried building for this platform.

The more details your provide regarding the steps you took and the architecture you're building for, the more chance someone might be able to assist. As it stands now the question is quite vague and broad.

The more details your provide regarding the steps you took and the architecture you're building for, the more chance someone might be able to assist. As it stands now the question is quite vague and broad.

I was basically looking for general guidance rather than any specific advice... Not really sure where to post detailed problems.

Back