Solved gnome / Xorg issues

I did an upgrade from FreeBSD 8.4 to 10.1 but went from 8.4 to 9.0 to 9.2 to 9.3 to 10 and then to 10.1.

On my server I had Gnome2.34 installed and all worked until I upgraded from 8.4 to 9.0.

Right now in my Xorg logs it says there's a parse error on line one.

here's the message:

Code:
Parse error on line 1 of section(null) in file [FILE]/usr/local/etc/X11/xorg.conf.d[/FILE]
"^VI^H^F^L" is not a valid keyword in this section.

I vi edit open the file. I see nothing but squiggle lines. on the left side. Other than that it's blank and I couldn't move around in the file.

I would appreciate any help on this.

After a major upgrade you need to reinstall all installed ports/packages.

Regarding the error, make sure there are no bogus files in /usr/local/etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/, it should be a directory, not a file.

After a major upgrade you need to reinstall all installed ports/packages.

Regarding the error, make sure there are no bogus files in /usr/local/etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/, it should be a directory, not a file.
I did a re-install all installed ports. I even upgraded them. My other server software like Apache, PHP, MySQL...etc all work. I cannot run gnome and looked into it. I found out Xorg isn't working properly.

It show xorg.conf.d as a file and not a directory. I used the ls /usr/local/etc/x11 it's listed as a file.

It might be a directory since I can cd to it. I ran the ls command on that folder and it shows up nothing. It looks like an empty folder.

Yet, why in the logs it's telling me that it's a parse issue?

Do I need CONFIG_SYSVIPC set in kernal? IF yes? then how can I change it and check if I already have it set in the kernal?

I upgdated the ports with portsnap fetch update. The error I have is of xorg:

here's the error : xorg.conf.d parse error "I

I don't get any nvidia driver errors.

Back