Solved gnome-calculator appearance no longer integrates to xfce styles

I've been using math/gnome-calculator on XFCE for quite a while (years...) now and it always adhered to the configured appearance and window manager style configured for XFCE.
Now this seems to be broken or needs some new manual configuration/override, as it looks completely different - i.e. light instead of dark and completely different window decoration.
This happend on 2 systems (12.3-RELEASE and 13.0-RELEASE) sometimes during the last ~weeks. I don't need the calculator that often, so I can't pin down the exact timeframe, but I suspect the update from 41.1 to 42.0 and gnome changing to GTK4 might be the cause.

Can the old behaviour (i.e. adhering to the XFCE style/appearance settings) be restored or are gnome applications now to be considered "broken" in that regard?

Sounds like that the gnome calculator is now having an client sided window decoration which default to adwaita. (Probably needs to be configuired via gnome-tweaks or something like that)

I personally like math/mate-calc.

I wouldn't expect GNOME software to integrate well into anything nowadays...

gnome-calculator was just the first one I found back then that fit my needs, and until now it integrated well enough...

mate-calc seems to be the perfect replacement, thanks! gnome-calculator + 98MiB of dependencies gone, problem solved :cool:

Back