Solved GNOME Boxes + FreeBSD

I have FreeBSD installed in GNOME Boxes, but the graphics are all wonky. I can sign-in, and the interior icons are a bit all over the place, too, but mostly legible. I have an Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070, but the drivers stop when I try to install them. Is there a Boxes driver of some sort I need? I can't find any information on this. I have attached a picture for reference. It's legible and usable, but as you can see, the login name and the GNOME drop-down in upper-right is not rendered properly.
_diortemew

Attachments

• wonky_boxes.png
    wonky_boxes.png
    43.5 KB · Views: 180
As far as I can tell Gnome boxes is just a nice widget to use as a frontend for various virtualization software. It's going to depend on the virtualization software you use. For virtualbox you will need emulators/virtualbox-ose-additions.

I have an Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070, but the drivers stop when I try to install them.
VMs don't have any notion of the graphics card that's used on the host and is mostly irrelevant as a VM typically gets a virtual graphics adapter.

I finally found the extension to Boxes. It doesn't work with my current setup (a few other items are needed depending on the troubleshooting, I ran out of time), but when I get to it what I need should be there.

Side note: I never would have guessed Emulation and virtualization was under Server and Networking. Thanks to whoever moved this for me.

Back