Gnome 3 or system 11 crash

Hi,
I have FreeBSD 11 and Gnome3 installed, but after adding programs (like subversion) Gnome3 crashes!
iI can't to send the black screen on forum, but iI do ssh access and iI can post the output:
Code:
--- .obj/release-shared/qwidget_x11.o ---
kernel/qwidget_x11.cpp:1175:13: warning: logical not is only applied to the left hand side of this comparison [-Wlogical-not-parentheses]
  if (!old_xinfo.screen() != xinfo.screen())
  ^  ~~
kernel/qwidget_x11.cpp:1175:13: note: add parentheses after the '!' to evaluate the comparison first
  if (!old_xinfo.screen() != xinfo.screen())
  ^
  (  )
kernel/qwidget_x11.cpp:1175:13: note: add parentheses around left hand side expression to silence this warning
The ssh connecion stay blocked!
After read document about it, iI do reinstall x11/gnome3's ports.
The database of subversion are corrupt because the system crash.
iI try to install KDE4 but the system crash again.

Before update the ports tree the system are stable!
of course iI have checked the hardware and load another system, it's stable.

Regards,
Philippe

Hi junovitch,
I am trying on two personal computing AMD64 and INTEL, my conclusion is freeBSDFreeBSD 11 are stable on Intel dual core, may be because it work at 32 bits instructions!
With AMD64 bi quad opteron (8 cores) FreeBSD 11 are not supported, maybe it work at 64 bits instructions.

Regards
Philippe

Ps : iI'll try with Intel Quad cores !

Hi junovitch,
I trying on two personal computing AMD64 and INTEL, my conclusion is freeBSD 11 are stable on Intel dual core, may be because it work at 32 bits instructions !
With AMD64 bi quad opteron (8 cores) FreeBSD 11 are not supported, maybe it work at 64 bits instructions.

Regards
Philippe

Ps : i'll try with intel Quad cores !

No offense but you don't sound like a person who should be using FreeBSD CURRENT. What you're saying about 32-bit vs. 64-bit instructions makes no sense and it sounds like you haven't yet grasped what the machine architecture signifies. FreeBSD 11-CURRENT works fine on both 32-bit and 64-bit machine architectures assuming there are no major issues in the revision you happen to be using. However, you need to be quite resourceful yourself to figure out any problems that might arise.

Back