Given up NDisulating BCM4318, advice neeeded on FreeBSD compatible WiFi PCI card

Hello,

After several days of struggling with the ndisgen,I finally given up trying to make my BCM4318 based WiFi PCI card work on 7.2-RELEASE.

Now, I might start to consider buying a new WiFi PCI card but I couldn't find satisfactory info on the Hardware documentation of 7.2. Are there any FreeBSD compatible PCI cards you might advice which works perfectly with the FreeBSD? Or more importantly how do you decide which Wireless card to buy?

Thanks.

Have a look at ath(4), iwi(4) and see which cards are mentioned there. Atheros based cards usually work pretty good.

Thank you for the infos. After trying more and more with the ndis driver, I've finally managed to make the BCM4318 PCI card work. There were several factors preventing it from working. I had to patch and reinstall the if_ndis module and try different versions of the .inf file.

I was trying the wifi Card actually for learning purposes (note that I've been using FreeBSD for just one month) and so all the infos you've given have been helpful

Thanks.

Last edited:
Back