Other fusefs-exfat won' t install

Hi all,
Well, I am new to FreeBSD and I happened to want to copy file from an exFAT USB drive; I learned that to be able to mount an exFAT filesystem, we need to install the fusefs-exfat, which is only available as a port and not as package.
So I run make install clean under the /usr/ports/sysutils/fusefs-exfat/ and this error appears:

Code:
===> fusefs-exfat-1.2.8 depends on executable: autoconf-2.69 - not found
===> autoconf-2.69_1 invalid perl5 version 5.28
*** Error code 1

stop.
make[1]: stopped in /usr/ports/devel/autoconf
*** Error code 1
make: stopped in /usr/ports/sysutils/fusefs-exfat

Please tell me the meaning of this error, the reason why it's happening and what should I do to fix it ...

A simple but clear explanation is expected as I am new on FreeBSD ; ( lots of unexplained tech complicated words will certainly not help)

Thank you

I was wondering why there's no package for it, but I suspect it's the license that prevents it.

hey all, I did made portsnap fetch update
and yes I did accept the license if it was that accept thing on the blue screen

It seems to have a problem with your installed Perl version. I assume you installed everything else with packages? What is the output of pkg version -vR | grep perl?

it seems to be the same thing with fusefs-ntfs exept that its libuuid.so and makeinfo instead of autoconf

Can you post the output of pkg -vv. I'm guessing you're using quarterly packages with a latest ports tree. That will cause problems as latest is updated continuously while quarterly is only done once every three months.

it seems to work after a portsnap fetch extract update .
I did portsnap fetch update before wihich didn. work ... it is in fetching processes now ...
wonder what does this mean ?? why the portsnap fetch extract update works and not the portsnap fetch update
i ll post pkg -vv result once the install process done ...

portsnap fetch extract update is the same as portsnap fetch extract. The update only updates, extract does a full extraction of the whole ports tree. As you just extracted a full tree from scratch the update is a no-op.

You can get a wonky ports tree after a while. Sometimes it's just necessary to do a clean extraction of the whole tree. Just to clear out any left-overs or badly applied updates.

portsnap fetch extract update is the same as portsnap fetch extract. The update only updates, extract does a full extraction of the whole ports tree. As you just extracted a full tree from scratch the update is a no-op.

You can get a wonky ports tree after a while. Sometimes it's just necessary to do a clean extraction of the whole tree. Just to clear out any left-overs or badly applied updates.

so I kinda didn' have the port tree???

You had one, but likely either a really old one or a broken one. The portsnap extract simply wipes the whole thing and starts with a fresh extraction.

I muck around with my ports trees a lot. So I often break it. You can either spend hours trying to fix it or wipe the whole thing and have it working again in 5 minutes.

Back