From me to all of you

A simple wallpaper that I created using Gimp.
Feel free to use it on your desktop :beer

xfqmb9.png

Download 1600x1200

Good work! I like wallpaper texture, so I think I'll order a t-shirt. Thanks for sharing it :beergrin

Yes. You can. Use Layers and Alpha to Logo -> Alien glow effect :D
Ps. I have no idea how to use photoshop. The only tool that I use is Gimp that after 1,5 year I start understand a little how it works

Is there any chance of a transparent picture featuring just the daemon itself? I'd like to paste it onto the SGI background I'm currently using.

I finally made the daemon with transparent background.
Please PM me to send the file. Everywhere I tried to upload the png is converted to jpg and loses transparency.

sk8harddiefast said:
I finally made the daemon with transparent background.
Please PM me to send the file. Everywhere I tried to upload the png is converted to jpg and loses transparency.
Kudos. Trying to make an existing image transparent often results in ragged edges, but this looks real nice.
worthy.gif

When I'm done tinkering with my x11-wm/fvwm2 setup I'll post an actual screenshot in the appropriate thread, but here's the background (converted to JPG) I'm currently using on my netbook (hence the rather modest size).

irix.jpg

Edit: I know the edges of the SGI cube look rather ragged, but I couldn't find anything better than this.

sk8harddiefast said:
This I made it when I was completely bored. Is not so good but I post it. Nothing to lose.
@sk8harddiefast as you said, did it in bored status... but look good too, mate.

fonz said:
Edit: I know the edges of the SGI cube look rather ragged, but I couldn't find anything better than this.
@fonz has artistic vein like Vincent Willem van Gogh, no doubts :e

Gimp has a filter in tribute to best artist of neo-impressionism, called van-gogh-lic. See source here.
“LIC” stands for Line Integral Convolution, a mathematical method. The plug-in author uses mathematical terms to name his options... This filter is used to apply a directional blur to an image, or to create textures. It could be called “Astigmatism” as it blurs certain directions in the image.

It uses a blur map. Unlike other maps, this filter doesn't use grey levels of this blur map. Filter takes in account only gradient direction(s). Image pixels corresponding to solid areas of the map are ignored.

Reference: http://gimp.open-source-solution.org/manual/plug-in-lic.html.

Last edited by a moderator:
cpu82 said:
@fonz has artistic vein like Vincent Willem van Gogh, no doubts :e
Thanks for the vote of confidence, but I'm a worthless artist. The background I posted will look familiar to those who have used SGI machines of the '90s (the Indy, more specifically) and is more about nostalgia than anything else, which is why it probably won't look particularly spectacular to anyone who has never used any of the old SGI stuff. Moreover, the worst money I ever spent was on my guitar and amp: as much as I love rock music it turns out that I myself can't play worth sh** - there goes another dream up in smoke ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
The Beastie with no background... I have been looking for one for ages ;)

Where did you find it? Did someone with artistic talent need to manually cut around the edges or something?

When you get time, please share it with me since I don't really like FreeBSD's official logo and have always been jealous of the OpenBSD artwork lol.

Also, sk8harddiefast would it be possible to get a copy of the "I Am The Daemon Inside You" but without the lens flair? :)

All the wallpapers on this thread are pretty great.

The Beastie with no background... I have been looking for one for ages
Where did you find it? Did someone with artistic talent need to manually cut around the edges or something?
I didn't find it. I made it :D
Pm me your mail to send you the Transparent Daemon.
Also, sk8harddiefast would it be possible to get a copy of the "I Am The Daemon Inside You" but without the lens flair?
And here are the new "I Am The Daemon Inside You" recreated from the begging

lalalal.jpg

Download 1920x1200: http://postimage.org/image/cx8nyzj8j/full/

Back