From Debian to FreeBSD

Hi,

I come from Debian, and I'd like to learn to use freebsd FreeBSD. Can you give me some info? For example: which is the correspondent of rcconf? (the GUI to select what has to start at boot and what not)?

Another info: in Debian there was exim4 as default MTA. In freebsd FreeBSD, which mail server is installed by default?

Can it be configured to listen also on LAN IP address so that it can receive mail from outside? Or do I have to change it with another MTA?

antolap said:
can it be configured to listen also on lan ip address so that it can receive mail from outside?

You may be really surprised by second sentence in page linked above
Sendmail can also accept network connections and deliver mail to local mailboxes or deliver it to another program.

Please try to spend little of your valuable time to read answers you was given, it can increase outcome from your questions to truly new level beyond any imagination.

I printed the book documentation in my language and didn't find this. Now I have seen that this chapter is missing. I'll print the English book, which is full.

ondra_knezour said:
There is single page version, which can be printed, but output will be at least ugly.

What I like to do is convert HTML to ePub (which is just a glorified HTML + CSS document anyway) through a program called calibre and read it on my e-ink device (in this case, a Nook Touch).

This topic is going all over the place. Original poster: use the Handbook from now. All of your basic questions are covered in there, with configuration examples. If there are questions after reading the handbook, make sure you post only specific questions, and in the right sub-forum for that specific question.

Back