Fritzing successfully compiled

Hello awesome people!

I didn't find a port for Fritzing (CAD electronics). I've just succeeded in compiling Fritzing latest version (0.8.3b), and I'd like to share some installation requirements/patches. May be I'll give it a try to make a port.

Install requirements: qt4-4.8.2, qt4-moc-4.8.2, qt4-rcc-4.8.2, gmake-3.82_1

Patch: in Makefile.Release: change the following command:

install -D -m 0644 resources/images/fritzing_icon.png /usr/share/icons/fritzing.png
to:
install -m 0644 resources/images/fritzing_icon.png /usr/share/icons/fritzing.png

(The D option is illegal).

Happy hacking ! :p

Hey, now that looks pretty cool. I've always wanted one of those programs to play around with. :)

simulator for hobbyists

zspider said:
Hey, now that looks pretty cool. I've always wanted one of those programs to play around with. :)

Hello @zspider!

Apparently, Fritzing doesn't simulate circuits. It's rather a tool to make schematics and PCB's. Meanwhile I found a very interesting circuit simulator Java applet. I played around with, and it's great! You really should give it a try.

Installation:

I will try to make a port, but I still need to learn how... ;)

Happy hacking! :p

Cheers,
BSDPat

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello.

I suggest cad/logisim. It's a nice and powerful tool for simulating logic circuits. It has all standard features that one would expect from a circuit simulator. There is a lot of documentation about it. If you need a logic circuit simulator, you may want to give it a try. Like Java applets, it also depends on Java.

Thank you @SirDice!

For the (learning) projects I'm working on (Make Electronics - Charles Pratt), I still need a simulator mixing analog and digital components.

But Logisim seems quite interesting. I think I will give it a try for another project: the implementation of the hack computer (from the book The Elements of Computing Systems, MIT Press, By Noam Nisan and Shimon Schocken - http://www.nand2tetris.org/).

Happy hacking!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back