FreeBSD was once "the power to server" but in an AWS world we have fallen way, waaay behind and there seems no interest to fix it!

With the recent MegaMillion lottery in the USA - just imagine what you could do with an investment of 100 Million dollars at 3% interest. That is 3 Million USD donation each year to the FreeBSD, plus a nice tax write off.

Still.. if we put it into prospective - Ford built the GT40 in 1966 for roughly 9 Million, which is roughly 73.7 Million USD today. So I guess if we collectively put our FreeBSD minds together, we could make it to the moon? Or at less 200 mph in car of our own design.

BTW, does there exist a list of sponsored features in FreeBSD and the size of the respective donations?

If there exists one, it would help estimating how much money needs to be in the jackpot if a sponsor (be it an individual, a group or an entity) wants sponsor a specific feature to be added, say, a Lua bootloader, or whatever.

I mean, might crowdfunding a suitable way to help adding other improvements in FreeBSD?
Does there exist a "bounties page" or the like for FreeBSD?

BTW, does there exist a list of sponsored features in FreeBSD and the size of the respective donations?

If there exists one, it would help estimating how much money needs to be in the jackpot if a sponsor (be it an individual, a group or an entity) wants sponsor a specific feature to be added, say, a Lua bootloader, or whatever.

I mean, might crowdfunding a suitable way to help adding other improvements in FreeBSD?
Does there exist a "bounties page" or the like for FreeBSD?
Just follow the Donation link @top of this forum... SU2TD (Scroll up to the top, dude) & then there's a Donor Roster. Hey Ho! I'm in there in the 2020's list (scroll faaaaar down :) & Dennis Ritchie ‡ (in memoriam) is listed 2019, too! C'mon, guys, that list is too short!

Unfortunately we'll get all those people coming here and saying, "Why isn't my software running twice as fast as FreeBSD said it would????!!!!!!"

Of course, "FreeBSD" never said that but that won't stop anyone.

Back