FreeBSD shell install commands needed

I am a beginner on freebsd and I think that installing the operating system from shell or from the text-only live user interface could be the right way to do it as fast as humanly possible, only problem tho is that I need the following commands to select the right keyboard first before I can actually do anything but I have little to no idea what series of shell commands to use next for setting up standard things like users, partitioning setups (I want to try to use UFS+suj as my own disk partition type on an HDD), root password, normal password, ethernet connection port (if needed) and other optional stuff that would normally have been already done by the default VESA installer (example: setting up the "powerd" power management daemon).

After finishing the installation, I would like to know which commands are used to power off or restart my freebsd operating system so that I can probably use 'em for later once I am done with the installation.

PS: can I use the VESA graphical installer to setup the keyboard layout then come back to use the shell installer after selecting it?

I am a beginner on freebsd
Then you should simply follow the installer. At least until you have some more experience and actually know what to do. You should also read the handbook.

PS: can I use the VESA graphical installer to setup the keyboard layout then come back to use the shell installer after selecting it?
There is no graphical installer.

Check out https://cooltrainer.org/a-freebsd-desktop-howto/
But I'd recommend...
You first install GhostBSD or NomadBSD first. They are easy, and you can look at the configuration files in /boot, and /etc or /usr/local/etc to see the configuration for your particular machine. That will help you get started. Just do an
ls -al
and check the dates/times to see which files were modified on install. It's a climb to figure out FreeBSD.
You should also stick with UFS instead of ZFS; ZFS adds another link to the chain, and will complicate your system.

After finishing the installation, I would like to know which commands are used to power off or restart my freebsd operating system so that I can probably use 'em for later once I am done with the installation
The commands for these operations are easy.

poweroff
restart

Back