freebsd server no network

I just bought a FreeBSD server for first time after awhile of using linux servers and I'm pretty new to it.
So I can ssh to the server itself but can't install any packages or even ping google or anything.
I can't get inxi doesn't work and /proc is empty so can't get any other info as well all I can get is freebsd-version which gives me 12.0-RELEASE.
Edit: So I found this thread https://forums.freebsd.org/threads/...ng-google-com-but-able-to-ping-8-8-8-8.68133/
And I tested it and I have the same problem but I don't understand the thread itself and why the problem occurs.

FreeBSD does not generally use /proc but, if it's needed for a program that may have come from the Linux world or some use it for debugging, you need to mount it yourself. None of my servers or workstations uses /proc and it is not mounted.

Beyond that, we need far more information about your setup.

• Thanks
Reactions: a6h
As long as you now have Internet access, you can start installing pkgs and configuring the pkgs. You may also take a closer look at the rc.conf to enable/setup a gateway (default router) and a firewall (pf_enable - this will require you editing pf.conf).

Back