Solved FreeBSD (realtek network drivers) how to install without internet

I installed FreeBSD 13.2 on a morefine R9-6900HX, from a USB pen, so far all good, but I need to install the realtek-re-kmod package in order to recognize the network cards, I already mounted the pen every time I try to install it with:

pkg add ./realtek-re-kmod-198.00_1.pkg

pkg tries to Bootstrap because is not installed, but since I have no connectivity it fails, therefore wondering how to install packages in a fresh system without internet?

untar it and copy the .ko manualy
Many thanks, I went the long way by coping pkg.txz into the root dir and then settings this environment variables:

Code:
setenv SIGNATURE_TYPE NONE
setenv PACKAGESITE=file:///root

then:

pkg add -f ./realtek-re-kmod-198.00_1.pkg

I think that you could also just copy pkg-static from a compatible installation.
Thanks, but could you expand on that comment please? Is it possible to just add the realtek-re-kmod-198.00_1.pkg to a USB stick in some way, or am I misunderstanding this? I've never run across this type of problem before with a vital missing package, so apologies for my lack of knowledge. Thanks.

When you download the package for realtek-re-kmod-198.00_1.pkg also download the package for ports-mgmt/pkg.

Untar the package for pkg(8) in a temporary location, then use the pkg-static executable from it to install itself.

During the installation you have a option to install the handbook, if you do it will also bootstrap pkg for you. Then on the installed system you just need to run # pkg add /path/to/the/driver/package.pkg.

Back