FreeBSD on eeepc 701 4G

SPlissken

Hi all

Does someone use FreeBSD on eeepc 701 ?
Personnally i have installed CrunchBang Linux on my eeepc , and it's working great.
Boot fast , wifi is working nice, hotkey are also working.
As a fan and user of FreeBSD i would like to use it also on my eeepc 701.

DemoDoG

I´m running 8.0 on my EEE 701SD no problem except my wireless card don´t work because it´s realtek. But the one in yours is supported so there should be no problem except for webcam perhaps.

trev

Aspiring Daemon

Yep - running FreeBSD 7.1 on my 701 4G off a 16Gb SD card (XP is still on the 4Gb SSD). Ethernet and wireless supported, sound supported, Asus-Function keys supported (ie screen brightness etc). Very nice :)

mathuin

I'm running 7.1 on my 701 8G and it works well. Even the touchpad works with the slidey bit, only the webcam doesn't.

alie

Aspiring Daemon

anyone have good recommendation how to install FreeBSD on eeepc 701SD ?

is it possile to install FreeBSD via external CD-ROM since eeepc 701SD doesnt have Hard Disk Drive ?

alie

Aspiring Daemon

i've managed to install FreeBSD on my eeepc 701SD but my webcam wont work like usual hahaha, i hope FreeBSD improve their support for Web cam since most of laptop have webcam these days.

rodrigo

I'm trying a 8.0-RELEASE on a eee-PC 4G and experencing some problems with the ath driver - unable to get scan result / wpa fail - things never ocurs with the 7.x installs.

May I assume this is an ath regression in the 8.0 ?