FreeBSD on Android

Anyone tried to install FreeBSD in a qemu VM on an Android?

Android -> Termux -> qemu -> FreeBSD

Is this feasible or am i missing something?

I mean, people even install Windows XP on Android.
I tried it 😁
But its terible ,because android dosent have the permissions needed for kvm every thing would be slow, so slow that even running cc without any args to just print an error would take 10 sec , and it can take some space too

Last edited:
ok sorry,I was confused. I don't dislike your idea to virtualize FreeBSD on top of Android with qemu and kvm. Do you find the link that I gave,useful ? Would be great for me,for example,to install a new version of Android on my Nexux 10 tablet enabling kvm and virtualizing FreeBSD on top of Android. Anyway,there are some developers who are working on the porting of bhyve on arm64. But who knows when it will be ready ? In my case the keywords to look are : "lineage os kvm nexus 10". I'm going to ask on Reddit. You gave me a nice idea. A good tutorial for me is the following :

Post on Reddit :

It seems that I can enable KVM on my Nexus 10. I have found the right patch that allows KVM to run on top of Android. That patch could need some minor changes,so I will need to hire a Linux kernel developer to fix it. But it's worth it. To see FreeBSD running on top of Android make me feel strong emotions.

Back