1st of all, I'm really disappointed in how negative the polling results are. Especially given how awful FreeBSD's current DE support is. But I digress.Let's just brainstorm...
Any reasonable feedback is welcome!
- What would you expect a "FreeBSD Kommunity Edition" to be/offer?
- What would you like it to be/offer?
- Is there demand for such a thing?
- Would you like to see a *BSD Kommunity Edition?
- What is missing or should be better in base FreeBSD / in the KDE ports?
- Add your topic...
- I would expect it to offer KDE in the installation image, so that you wind up with a desktop workstation at the end of the OS installation process
- Daily driver use, which is what every desktop OS should aspire towards
- I've been either trying to get or maintaining a FreeBSD config since 2018
- A DE included with the FreeBSD installer, even as an option
My added topic is this: In-place updating via the official instructions from 12.x-RELEASE to 13.0-RELEASE broke my KDE setup. Now all I have bootup is the terminal. As far as mainstream OSes go, this is extremely subpar in 2021. The last time a major update KOed a DE on a machine of mine was pre-Windows Me.