FreeBSD icon takes you to FreeBSD website, not to forums home. Is it by design?

On the phone, clicking FreeBSD takes you to forum home, but via desktop browser it takes you to the website. It’s confusing, but if it’s on purpose, I guess it’s livable...

On the phone, clicking FreeBSD takes you to forum home, but via desktop browser it takes you to the website. It’s confusing, but if it’s on purpose, I guess it’s livable...

On my phone, (FreeBSD + logo) goes to the website, in Mobile or Desktop Site view. [ shrug ]

I can see how language is tricky here. I meant to say that on my phone, an iPhone, in Safari, clicking on logo+FreeBSD, it takes you to forums.freebsd.org. Whereas in a regular browser in FreeBSD (firefox/chromium), it takes me to freebsd.org. Personally, I think it oughta take you to forums.freebsd.org, always. But that's just my opinion. It certainly seems like it oughta be one way or the other, not both.

Ah, figured it out. Not sure I wanna tell you about it though... It's the theme. I have BlueFreeBSD selected and it's got different behavior as noted above. The default theme works as others have noted.

The FreeBSD Project logo should:
  • link to the Project home page
  • have the ® registered mark.

The Home button refers to www.

For consistency and predictability, as if (with FreeBSD Style style) The FreeBSD Forums are integrated.

1705881064463.png

• Thanks
Reactions: drr
Back