FreeBSD + Geli => kernel panics

I have encrypted my disk with GELI. AES 128 and some slices AED 256.
during boot sometimes, kernel panics, ever since i encrypted my drives.
It happens almost once a day, when i boot pc (especially if pc haven't been on for a while, but that might be coincidence).

here's photo:

Code:
killasmurf86 $ uname -a
FreeBSD killasmurf86.lv 7.0-RELEASE-p5 FreeBSD 7.0-RELEASE-p5 #0: Wed Nov 19 23:53:22 EET 2008     killasmurf86@killasmurf86.lv:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/killabsd  i386

here's dmesg

If you haven't already got it in loader.conf , try setting kern.geom.eli.threads to "1" in the loader.

Random googling suggest that this fixes some SMP-related page faults in geli. I don't know if it applies to 7.0-RELEASE or if it's the cause of your problem, but it seems worth testing.

Djn said:
If you haven't already got it in loader.conf , try setting kern.geom.eli.threads to "1" in the loader.

Random googling suggest that this fixes some SMP-related page faults in geli. I don't know if it applies to 7.0-RELEASE or if it's the cause of your problem, but it seems worth testing.

I will investigate, but i can only report in 1 or 2 days, as today it won't crash (i bet)

killasmurf86 said:
nope, it didn't help
sorry that it took me so long to reply

No problem, we all have this Real Life thing :)

Could you try to obtain backtrace and post it here?

i can try, if you give me link to some quick how to on how to do it.... lol

it might take a week to respond, because i have a lot going on atm at university

Back