FreeBSD forums interface

Hello,

about some weeks ago, on the FreeBSD Forums interface it was possible to see the connected user.
It seems this option is not available now.

Why?

Surely it helps to see if your thread has been or not read from some members and if they are online.

I added an add-on which we can test-drive, I guess. May have performance implications, we'll see. The original "Offline" color was a garish red, I think a muted grey is enough.

I added an add-on which we can test-drive, I guess. May have performance implications, we'll see. The original "Offline" color was a garish red, I think a muted grey is enough.

Wow. That is red. And big.
Screen Shot 2018-08-28 at 2.50.29 PM.png

Yes, I've understood this.

And this add-on is surely very usefull.

However, some weeks ago, on the main FreeBSD Forums interface it was possible the list of the connected users.
That tool was usefull to see which user was connected and if he was having take a look at the thread posted by a member.

In anycase, thanks very much for your maintenance work.
:)

However, some weeks ago, on the main FreeBSD Forums interface it was possible the list of the connected users.
That tool was usefull to see which user was connected and if he was having take a look at the thread posted by a member.

On the main interface there is (still) a 'members online' section at the top right, which has a link to https://forums.freebsd.org/online/. So if this add-on serves no further purpose, I'll remove it, because it impacts performance.

online.png

I'm deeply concerned about this madness. I looked up my privacy settings and was not able to to a setting that satisfies what I want.
And what setting would that be? And what madness are you referring to anyway, I've been on this forum for a long time and quite frankly - strictly technically speaking - I don't really sense that much difference from a few years ago.

Not to mention that this forum doesn't exactly stand out from the others. Most fora have an option to display online users or to show your current status (online/offline). Just like most have an option to turn this off, which is also currently supported.

We had a beautiful, clean and functional forum software before the last big change.
We still do. I can write messages, I can easily check my history, I can check on other people's history and posts, I can give out likes to posts which I appreciate... What more is there?

I can definitely appreciate your feedback, but it might help to be a little more specific other than "I don't see my favorite feature anymore, I don't like this", because that doesn't really help anyone, nor does it give any options for possible improvement.

I'm deeply concerned about this madness. I looked up my privacy settings and was not able to to a setting that satisfies what I want. What ever selected combinations saved, did not stop this nonsense.

I went invisible before the change and that worked for me. Mods could see when I was online but nobody else.

Back