FreeBSD DVD mounting lock up problem

I've installed a McAfee Secure Firewall on my FreeBSD machine. But sometimes the machine locks up during reboot for about 15 minutes with the following message:
Code:
SMP: AP CPU #2 Launched!
acd0: WARNING - SETFEATURES SET TRANSFER MODE taskqueue timeout - completing request directly
acd0: WARNING - SETFEATURES SET TRANSFER MODE taskqueue timeout - completing request directly
acd0: FAILURE - REQUEST_SENSE timed out
acd0: FAILURE - PREVENT_ALLOW timed out
acd0: FAILURE - TEST_UNIT_READY timed out
Trying to mount root from ufs:/dev/mfid0s3a

Could some please help me resolve the problem?

Thanks!!!

Enclosed is the dmesg.txt file after the lock-up:

Attachments

• dmesg.txt
    13.6 KB · Views: 222
McAfee acquired Secure Computing last year and changed the Sidewinder Firewall into McAfee Secure Firewall which runs on FreeBSD.

Anyway, what is pf?

roddierod said:
I wasn't aware that McAfee made software that ran on FreeBSD.
A few years ago there used to be a McAfee virusscanner (uvscan) in the ports tree.

If this didn't start until you installed the McAfee stuff, I'd go to the McAfee site for support. I've never seen an error like that.

roddierod said:
Ah, I had forgot all about that. Never understood it purpose :)

Have you ever run a mail server or cifs server? Tons of virus gets transmitted using CIFS or mail servers. It is just a propitiatory virus scanner. Most people trend to use open source clamav; but many business prefers brand like McAfee.

That's weird .. that's almost the same message I get when I try to resume from suspend ([cmd=]acpiconf -s 3[/cmd]) on my Dell 1318 ... but I get it from ad4 (the only Hard drive on the notebook ...).

http://forums.freebsd.org/showthread.php?t=3886

Something is in a really bad shape ...

Sorry, but no, I can't help you with this one .. I just can atest that I have the same problem but in my case it relates to ACPI .. and now that you post this, I'm inclined to believe that it actually doesn't relate neither to McAfee or to ACPI code ... it seems to be related to ata/sata/io FreeBSD code ...

Could it be hardware problem? Or maybe FreeBSD kernel does not support certain type of ATA/SATA/IO?

Back