FreeBSD and Qualcom Snapdragon - ?

Getting the Lenova Yoga 7X with the Snapdragon Elite - Aarm 64 architecture - would like to install FreeBSD as a dual boot - possible? Do not wish to do virtual, but a metal install using the same hard-drive. What version should I use - wish to have a KDE Wayland DT. Have Ubuntu on all my other PCs, but have no experience with FreeBSD - will it work?

Hard to say, but reports of working laptops with a different architecture than amd64 are almost non existent.
As you might now, it is much more than the processor that needs to fit: chipset, buses, drivers, I/O for peripherals (examples: touchpad, screen, special keys, USB controllers, etc). And the way it all fits together tends to vary on noen-amd64 architectures.

This is a positive start - I'll see about collecting an image and see if it reflects - when my laptop gets here in a few days.

Will the install recognize the other operating system and allow installing besides it as a dual-boot - as Ubunto would do installing on the partition after windows - splitting HD 50/50 with adjustability to either before finalizing and installing?

Back