Other FreebSD 13.1: x11-wm/afterstep pager hotkeys, xrandr Wharf woes and more on a Lenovo Thinkpad T420

Hi there.

I'd like to change, or even disable the pager hotkeys in Afterstep. Also, when using xrandr to configure my displays, the Afterstep Wharf does not seem to respect display resolutions, ending me up with only the Recycler icon being accessible on lower resolution displays, if a higher resolution display is present and enabled.

Note, that I want to xrandr on the fly, without restarting Xorg. Restarting Afterstep after and/or before setting displays with xrandr ended me up with the described behaviour of the Wharf being present on the main screen, but only the Recycler being accessible.

I've grepped through the Afterstep sources, tried their Wiki and generally searched for information, but wasn't able to come up with a workaround or a solution for these issues.

Code:
% uname -a
[...]13.1-STABLE FreeBSD 13.1-STABLE #0 stable/13-n252944-e52aaa644ce[...]src/amd64.amd64/sys/GENERIC amd64
% pkg info|grep after
afterstep1-1.0_5               Window manager originally based on the Bowman NeXTstep clone
% pkg info | grep -i xorg
xorg-7.7_3                     X.Org complete distribution metaport

Any pointers ? Otherwise, Xorg works surprisingly well, including accelleration (i915 kmod, vaapi, ...). My compliments to the maintainers.

Replying to my own questions, the first step was to actually install the window manager I wanted to use, which is x11-wm/windowmaker, instead of x11-wm/afterstep.

So I'll mark this one as solved (if I can), since I started out with the wrong window manager.

Back