FreeBSD 13.1, Raspberrypi 4b login problem.

Hello.
I've installed FreeBSD 13.1 on Raspberrypi 4b and all is fine works perfectelly.
I've written a simple web site in php ( lighttpd, php) to do some taches, and activated root access in ssh.
So When I post some data to server ( in data posted there is a IP addresses in it ex: mm_ips=192.168.10.22 ) first the lighttpd give me error 400 BAD REQUEST.
OK.
I tried many times to post that data, finally the FreeBSD disconnected me in ssh console, and even do not show the password prompt when I try to log directelly on IT ( it shows only : login: and when I tape the login, it do not request me the password and go to show the login prompt again and again).

So, Whats the probleme.

Thanks you.

and activated root access in ssh.
Bad practice and a bad habit to get into. Learn to use su(1), sudo(8) or doas(1) and login as a 'normal' user. Never enable root logins via ssh(1).

I tried many times to post that data, finally the FreeBSD disconnected me in ssh console, and even do not show the password prompt when I try to log directelly on IT ( it shows only : login: and when I tape the login, it do not request me the password and go to show the login prompt again and again).
If I had to guess, I suspect one of your scripts is looping endlessly and spawning new processes, much like a fork bomb. And this is sucking up all your memory and resources, effectively starving the system until it can't do anything anymore.

Hi SirDice.
Thank you for your feedback. Perhaps you are right, but when I reboot, there is no script running. only services that I activated on startup ( I mean, lighttpd, sshd, ntpd ).

I'll take your advice seriousely.

It boot's until showing login prompt.
Code:
login :    root <Enter>
do not show
Code:
password:
it goes to
Code:
login :
again.

Dodgy SD card perhaps? The Pi is rather finicky when it comes to SD cards, certainly the older Pi 1 and 2 had problems with certain SD card brands. So far I've had no problems using SanDisk SD cards.

I use SanDisk SD card me too.
I think the single user mode does not exists in Raspberry, No ?
I so, It exists, how can I prompt to it.

it may not work without serial console / it does not work on pi zero (problem with video console driver)
for some reason it does not output anything userland until getty starts (so you get no /etc/rc* output)
all of the above is valid for 13.0

Of course it does. Why wouldn't it?

At the menu screen (during boot) pick single user mode
In x86, x86_64 arch It displays on boot the menu, but not in Raspberry.
It boot first using the u-boot I think then passes to loading kernel.
The menu with ASCII FreeBSD do not appears.
I use the little screen that comes with the Raspberry.

Oh, right. The Pi has this by default in /boot/loader.conf:
Code:
# Disable the beastie menu and color
beastie_disable="YES"

Ah,
you mean before the kernel loads, I should
Code:
set beastie_disable="NO"
?
because there is no editor disponible at this time.

Back