FreeBSD 13.1 mouse problem

Hello, I installed today Freebsd 13.1 and it works great on my laptop. After moving SSD disk to PC and switching from i915km to amdgpu everything works nice (especially graphics). There's only one problem - mouse pointer is invisible. I can clik, rightclik, use wheel, but pointer is visible only when I move mouse into top left corner. Is there any known reason why it doesn't show?
My device is simple USB Dell cable mouse.

Please post your Xorg.0.log, easy way to do that: cat /var/log/Xorg.0.log | nc termbin.com 9999

Thanks. I don't see anything obvious sticking out. Your Xorg configuration seems to be working correctly. So I'm not sure why the mouse pointer isn't showing up. What DE or WM are you using? Maybe it's the DE that changes the mouse pointer.

what happens if you enter
xsetroot -cursor_name arrow

you may need to pkg install xsetroot first

Is moused running? If so, and you boot to a console, do you have a visible mosue cursor over the whole screen?

Thanks for reply.

I'm using KDE. Before I wrote on forum, I tested other cursor icons, but it didn't help.

My mouse pointer is visible in console, before X server start. The only one moment, when cursor is visible, is when mouse coordinate is 0, 0 (top left corner of screen in SDDM or during Plasma session).

It's weird, because everything works fine, when I move disk to laptop (Dell Latiatude 5580). I often move my SSD between machines, and with FreeBSD 12.1 there was no problem.

You're moving the ssd between a laptop and a desktop machine? I wonder if the monitor sizes are different and the visible screen is mapping "wrong" on the desktop. Not sure how to prove or disprove that, but something like "virtual desktop size" somewhere rings a bell.

This line from your Xorg log is "interesting".
9.598] (II) modeset(0): Setting screen physical size to 508 x 285

The only one moment, when cursor is visible, is when mouse coordinate is 0, 0 (top left corner of screen in SDDM or during Plasma session).
Had another closer look at your log. I don't understand this one, but going by the symptoms it might be related:
Code:
[     9.598] (II) modeset(0): Setting screen physical size to 508 x 285
That seems a rather odd, and tiny, screen size.

Reactions: mer
Yes I'm. Both displays are full HD 1920x1080. Laptop runs i915kms module, PC uses amdgpu. My drm kmod is 5.10, compiled from ports.

I've changed refresh rate from 60Hz to 50 Hz and cursor is now visible !!

.. and now switched to 60 Hz and cursor still visible :|

After reboot, problem returns. After login, I started KDE display manager to change refresh rate from 60 Hz to 50 Hz. Cursor is now visible. I

.. and now switched to 60 Hz and cursor still visible :|
Hmm. Are the laptop and the desktop hooked up to the same monitor? If not, the Xorg log posted is that from the laptop or the desktop?
Reason for asking is I couldn't find a 50Hz mode in it.
Only thing I can think of is the freq switch forced something to reevaluate the screen size and corrected it.
I guess a shutdown, swap SSD to laptop, boot, check screen, shutdown, swap would verify that the working config is persistent.

Do you have any X local configuration? /etc/X11 or /usr/local/etc/X11/xorg.conf.d?

My X11 config is empty.
Running on laptop everything wroks fine under i915kms. Laptop display has refresh rate ~49 Hz and external monitor has 60 Hz.

On PC, where amdgpu is used, running commands below, "resolves" the issue:
xrandr -r 50.00 & xrandr -r 60.00

Hello, I have almost the exact same problem: my mouse is invisible, but I can still click buttons and other things. I am also on an AMD laptop (with an integrated Renoir GPU). This happens on KDE and XFCE; furthermore, Wayland compositors (specifically River) don't render anything at all. The workaround for me is to switch to a TTY (with ctrl + alt + f[0-6]) and then back to the graphical environment, after which everything works as it should.

There are no notable errors in my Xorg logs, but every time I do a startx, this interesting error pops up in dmesg:
Code:
drmn0: 0xfffff80263f7b800 pin failed
[drm ERROR :dm_plane_helper_prepare_fb] Failed to pin framebuffer with error -12
The hexadecimal number changes a little bit every time though.

I use packages as much as possible; however, drm-kmod/ drm-54-kmod, which are the only packaged DRM kernel modules, do not work for me, so I compile drm-510-kmod and gpu-firmware-amd-kmod-renoir from ports.

I did not have this problem in FreeBSD 13.1-RC6 (before the drm-kmod and friends ports were refactored).

Like OP, I do not have any Xorg configuration files. I even tried doing a fresh install of FreeBSD 13.1 and installing only the necessary software to get a graphical environment running, and the problem still persists.

I know almost nothing when it comes to this graphics stuff, so I'm not sure where to go from here...

I've nerver succeeded running Wayland on FreeBSD, but in my dmesg output I've same message. I didn't check if switching to console and back to X11 solves the problem. In my case error occurs in SDDM, just before KDE/Gnome session start.

Running my FreeBSD on another computer, this time with AMD Ryzeng 5 3600G shows cursor, but xrandr shows refresh rate at 0Hz and display works slower. When display is lagging and not working smoothly, mouse pointer is visible, otherwise I have very nice display but problem with mouse pointer comes back.

First command returned:

Bash:
root@zielin-laptop:~ # pkg prime-origins | sort

databases/postgresql13-server
deskutils/flameshot
deskutils/owncloudclient
devel/dbus
devel/git
devel/poco
devel/qtcreator
devel/subversion
emulators/virtualbox-ose