FreeBSD 13.1 does not install correctly instead it displays the same message over and over again.

I am attempting to install FreeBSD 13.1 on a 1U server. When I do that I get the following error message over and over again. vm_fault: pager read error , pid 1 (init) This is displayed over and over after I select install. What does this error message mean and how do I complete my install of FreeBSD 13.1 on my 1U server? Look forward to your response.

Regards,

Antonio Gandara

on a 1U server
Yes, that really narrows down the exact hardware you have. What kind of 1U server? What's the mainboard, cpu, etc? Please provide some technical details.

vm_fault: pager read error , pid 1 (init)
That's not good.

This is displayed over and over after I select install.
Ok, at least it boots, that's something.

It might be caused by a bad disk, but without any technical info I can't really tell what the problem might be. Did you verify the downloaded image before burning, and which one? CD, DVD, memstick? How are you booting it?

SirDice,

In response to your questions which hopefully will resolve my problem of not being able to install FreeBSD 13.1. I have a Supermicro motherboard and a Intel Xeon processor. This is not a downloaded ISO image for me to verify. I bought the FreeBSD 13.1 DVD from freebsdmall.com. I am booting from the FreeBSD DVD with a setting in my Supermicro motherboard to boot from it.
I think that answers all the questions you have for me. Look forward to your response so I can have FreeBSD 13.1 installed.

Regards,

Antonio Gandara

Back