qemu FreeBSD 13.0 Kernel Panic

I'm testing FreeBSD 13.0 in a qemu virtual machine but keep getting the following panic
kp.jpg

I start the vm with the following command.
Code:
qemu-system-x86_64 -smp 4 -m 32G --enable-kvm -rtc clock=host -vnc 192.168.123.21:5 \
    -net nic,model=virtio -net user,hostfwd=tcp::2223-:22 \
    -device virtio-scsi-pci,id=scsi0,num_queues=4 \
    -device scsi-hd,drive=drive0,bus=scsi0.0,channel=0,scsi-id=0,lun=0 \
    -drive file=disk1.qcow2,if=none,id=drive0 \
    -device scsi-hd,drive=drive1,bus=scsi0.0,channel=0,scsi-id=0,lun=1 \
    -drive file=disk2.qcow2,if=none,id=drive1
I only see a file called minfree in /var/crash
What can I look for next?

A Commodore 64 had a kernal, due to a typo made by one of the original developers. Everything else has a kernel.

And I suggest using 13.1-RELEASE for anything new. 13.0 will be EoL in a few weeks.

What exactly are you trying to do? Pass-through a SCSI controller? If you're just using images (no pass-through) you should probably use virtio-blk instead of scsi-hd.

What exactly are you trying to do? Pass-through a SCSI controller? If you're just using images (no pass-through) you should probably use virtio-blk instead of scsi-hd.
I've been working on an auto installer which installs FreeBSD, some packages and configuration.

I was trying to emulate the physical system and its SCSI controller as the auto installer queries the drives and creates a zpool mirror over them.

I'm using images created with the following commands

Code:
qemu-img create -f qcow2 disk1.qcow2 32G
qemu-img create -f qcow2 disk2.qcow2 32G

The reported panic is related to accessing entries .zfs directory, e.g., .zfs/snapshot/.
I do not see any obvious connection between your qemu command and that kind of a crash.

the problem, is clearly, here you know how to debug a FreeBSD kernel, use kgdb, and let's examine the problem in depth

Back