format question about developer's manpages

I feel that it will be more efficient for everyday use if the format can be like this:
Code:
int func(int a, int b);
return value: `description`
param a: `description`
param b: `description`
remark: `usage, cautions, etc`

So, when I want to check a param or the return value, I can locate it quick.
In the current manpages, they are in different colors, it helps, but more search is needed.

When reading man pages, just press the / key to enter search mode. Enter the word(s) to search for, and hit enter. To find the next occurence, press n and to find the previous occurence, press N.

phoenix said:
When reading man pages, just press the / key to enter search mode. Enter the word(s) to search for, and hit enter. To find the next occurence, press n and to find the previous occurence, press N.

In parctice, I find that when the formats of the reference documents are uniform,
it'll be much more efficient.

jronald said:
In parctice, I find that when the formats of the reference documents are uniform, it'll be much more efficient.

The problem here is that you wish to change the format to suit your personal preference.

Think for a moment about the impact on others who have been using the current format for the last decade or more. All the Unix systems I've used since the late 90s have done it this way.

There's nothing to stop you re-arranging the man pages to how you like 'em - the source is available and with some judicious pattern matching...

Back