Follow-up of a bug report

Hi
I had posted a bug report at:
After some discussion with developer, he mentioned to incorporate the solution in next update. Which I have noticed in (pkg upgrade). However, I have found out that after every upgrade, the wifi stops working (kindly check my comment 18 and 19 on following link):
But, even after posting these comments, there is no reply from developer, so I am suspecting that either the bug report is dead, or the developer has missed my observation? Can you please shed some light on the matter? And how can I highlight this matter?
Thanks

After some discussion with developer, he mentioned to incorporate the solution in next update. Which I have noticed in (pkg upgrade).
It's an update to the base OS, not a package.

And it looks like the change was committed to 12-STABLE just after 12.1 was branched off. That seems to have been missed. Ask the developer if he can merge it into releng/12.1 too, then it will be included in 12.1-RELEASE.

It's an update to the base OS, not a package.

And it looks like the change was committed to 12-STABLE just after 12.1 was branched off. That seems to have been missed. Ask the developer if he can merge it into releng/12.1 too, then it will be included in 12.1-RELEASE.
I posted these messages, but the developer did not replied. So, that's why I am confused that whether he noticed or not? How else I can contact him?
Thanks

I would suggest sending a notice to the freebsd-wireless mailinglist and ask if someone could merge it into releng/12.1. Patch is fairly simple and straight forward so another committer could pick it up too.

I would suggest sending a notice to the freebsd-wireless mailinglist and ask if someone could merge it into releng/12.1. Patch is fairly simple and straight forward so another committer could pick it up too.
ok, thanks a lot.

Now you forget about it altogether. If somebody answers, that would be a pleasant surprise.
This sounds negative but I know it isn't ;)

Just sit back and keep an eye on the mailing list, that's all you can do at this time. I do hope it makes it, 12.1 is still in the beta stage, so in my opinion it shouldn't be much of a problem. Worst case scenario, if it doesn't make it, you could run 12-STABLE instead, the patch has certainly landed there.

Now you forget about it altogether. If somebody answers, that would be a pleasant surprise.
:-(

Just sit back and keep an eye on the mailing list, that's all you can do at this time. I do hope it makes it, 12.1 is still in the beta stage, so in my opinion it shouldn't be much of a problem. Worst case scenario, if it doesn't make it, you could run 12-STABLE instead, the patch has certainly landed there.
Thanks a lot.

Is it okay if I file another bug, mentioning adding support of this wifi to 12.1-release?

To give you some perspective, I submitted a patch to PR 232645 8 months ago and I still did not receive any useful feedback from the maintainer. Not that I necessarily expect the maintainer to merge it, but he didn't politely dismiss it either. Nor did he update the port himself. And that is not at all atypical experience — the FreeBSD bug tracker is like an entire parallel universe of stuck patches.

To give you some perspective, I submitted a patch to PR 232645 8 months ago and I still did not receive any useful feedback from the maintainer. Not that I necessarily expect the maintainer to merge it, but he didn't politely dismiss it either. Nor did he update the port himself. And that is not at all atypical experience — FreeBSD bug tracker is like an entire parallel universe of stuck patches.
:-(

Back