First log-in to horde, failed :(

After finishing the last part of configuration(at least based on the tutorial I followed) which is the gui configuration of horde, imp, turba, I got an error that says "Fatal Error" then underneath "Fobbiden" and another phrase underneath which I dont remember. This happened right after I clicked the "Generate Horde Configuration" button. I closed my browser, deleted the cache, launched it again and point it to myserver/horde. A horde login screen showed, entered my username which was actually the username I am using in my machine(which I am doubtful is right?), but failed to log-in. I guess I should have added a user but it's too late now. :(

Here's the tutorial I followed.
Administration->Setup->Address Book (turba):
- Should we display an import/export link in Turba’s menu: check
- Select any applications that should be linked in Turba's menu: Imp
- Name of client addressbook: localsql
"Generate Address Book Configuration" button.

Administration->Setup->Filters (ingo):
- Select any applications that should be linked in Ingo's menu: Imp
"Generate Filters Configuration" button.

Administration->Setup->Mail (imp):
-Select any applications that should be linked in IMP's menu:ingo,turba
"Generate Mail Configuration" button.

Administration->Setup->Vacation (vacation)
-Choose MySQL as database backend
"Generate Tasks Configuration" button.

Administration->Setup->Horde (horde):
Database Tab
- What database backend should we use? = MySQL
- database server/host = localhost
- Username to connect to the database as = horde
- Password = <something else>
- Database name to use = horde
Preference System Tab
- What preferences driver should we use? = SQL Database
Authentication Tab
- Which users should be treated as administrators ...
=<your_userid> -->>I used my username in my machine here
- What backend should we use for authenticating users to Horde? = Let a Horde application handle authentication
- The application which is providing authentication = imp
"Generate Horde Configuration" button.

Maybe you could point which part I did wrong???
And since we're at it, should I add a user to horde which I could use to log in? If so, how?

What backend should we use for authenticating users to Horde? = Let a Horde application handle authentication
The application which is providing authentication = imp

Which choices are available? With this choice, an application called 'imp' should authenticate any logins.

Also note that the host's user accounts usually have nothing to do with a web application (unless that application is configured to use those local accounts).

It's also best not to use the same username for both and certainly not the same passwords.

DutchDaemon said:
Which choices are available?
Do you mean other choices aside from the one chose? I don't remeber and if I would look into it I can't because I can't log-in.

DutchDaemon said:
With this choice, an application called 'imp' should authenticate any logins.
Yup that makes sense...

Code:
[port]mail/horde-imp[/port]            Webmail system for IMAP/POP3 mailboxes

hm..

SirDice said:
Also note that the host's user accounts usually have nothing to do with a web application (unless that application is configured to use those local accounts).

It's also best not to use the same username for both and certainly not the same passwords.

Thank you.. I didn't know that... And no it's not configured to use local accounts. Adding my system's username was a mistake.

How would I actually add a user which I could use for that particular config question? I didn't read or get prompted to add users prior to that...

this might help..
in httpd-error.log:
Code:
[Fri Oct 16 19:10:30 2009] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] File does not exist: /usr/local/www/apache22/data/server-status
[Fri Oct 16 20:19:30 2009] [error] [client 203.111.229.186] File does not exist: /usr/local/www/apache22/data/favicon.ico
[Fri Oct 16 20:19:31 2009] [error] [client 203.111.229.186] File does not exist: /usr/local/www/apache22/data/favicon.ico
[Fri Oct 16 20:21:09 2009] [error] [client 192.168.100.1] Invalid method in request \x80\x8c\x01\x03\x01
[Fri Oct 16 20:21:09 2009] [error] [client 192.168.100.1] Invalid method in request \x80\x8c\x01\x03\x01

in httpd-horde-error.log:
Code:
[Fri Oct 16 18:44:08 2009] [warn] RSA server certificate is a CA certificate (BasicConstraints: CA == TRUE !?)
[Fri Oct 16 18:44:08 2009] [warn] RSA server certificate CommonName (CN) `www.example.com' does NOT match server name!?
[Fri Oct 16 18:44:09 2009] [warn] RSA server certificate is a CA certificate (BasicConstraints: CA == TRUE !?)
[Fri Oct 16 18:44:09 2009] [warn] RSA server certificate CommonName (CN) `www.example.com' does NOT match server name!?
[Fri Oct 16 18:52:20 2009] [warn] RSA server certificate is a CA certificate (BasicConstraints: CA == TRUE !?)
[Fri Oct 16 18:52:21 2009] [warn] RSA server certificate is a CA certificate (BasicConstraints: CA == TRUE !?)
[Fri Oct 16 19:00:53 2009] [warn] RSA server certificate is a CA certificate (BasicConstraints: CA == TRUE !?)
[Fri Oct 16 19:00:54 2009] [warn] RSA server certificate is a CA certificate (BasicConstraints: CA == TRUE !?)
[Fri Oct 16 19:07:30 2009] [warn] RSA server certificate is a CA certificate (BasicConstraints: CA == TRUE !?)
[Fri Oct 16 19:07:31 2009] [warn] RSA server certificate is a CA certificate (BasicConstraints: CA == TRUE !?)
[Fri Oct 16 19:09:57 2009] [warn] RSA server certificate is a CA certificate (BasicConstraints: CA == TRUE !?)
[Fri Oct 16 19:09:58 2009] [warn] RSA server certificate is a CA certificate (BasicConstraints: CA == TRUE !?)
[Fri Oct 16 19:10:26 2009] [warn] RSA server certificate is a CA certificate (BasicConstraints: CA == TRUE !?)
[Fri Oct 16 19:10:27 2009] [warn] RSA server certificate is a CA certificate (BasicConstraints: CA == TRUE !?)

hmmmm, I checked myserver/horde/imp/test.php and I found an error. I am guessing it's the reason I could not log-in to horde. Here's the error:
Code:
config/conf.php: No
The file ./config/conf.php appears to be missing. You must generate this file as an administrator via Horde. See horde/docs/INSTALL.

Google suggests to delete the conf.php so horde would generate a new one. It did generate but the problem still persists. Any help???

horde, ldap and dovecot

hello everyone, i have installed horde application to into freebsd through ldap authentication but error occurred. I cannot login to horde-imp..what might be the possible configuration? Any help will be appreciated...

I can now log-in to horde using IMAP as an authentication backend. I also had to change the "How should we connect to the database?" value to TCP/IP...

Back