Solved Firefox with German menu

Hello,

I've tried to get a German localized Firefox, but without success.

With packages firefox-esr and firefox-esr-i18n switching to German localization doesn't work and also with packages firefox and firefox-i18n a switch to German language has no affect.

What can I do to get German localized Firefox menu? All other stuff like claws-mail, applications of kde4 and libreoffice are German localized.

Here is my ~/.login

Code:
# $FreeBSD: releng/10.2/share/skel/dot.login 190477 2009-03-27 21:13:14Z ru $
#
# .login - csh login script, read by login shell, after `.cshrc' at login.
#
# see also csh(1), environ(7).
#

if ( -x /usr/games/fortune ) /usr/games/fortune freebsd-tips

export LC_ALL=de_DE.UTF-8

Kind regards,
Holger

I found no way. Changes in about:config, addon locale-switcher - all has no effect.
(But it does not matter for me, I can work with an english menu).

Hi talsamon,

thanks for your hint. Yes, english is not a problem for me, it is okay for me reading english manpages for administration but:
As user I expect in year 2015 that applications on a modern desktop system are proper localized in differrent languages like french, spanish, german .... And in this case it has not to do with firefox developement. On all linux distributions I know (Debian, siduction, openSUSE, antergos, PCLinuxOS, kubuntu, Mageia, Netrunner, Manjaro and so on) - and I'm very familar with linux, working with it since 1998 - after installing firefox-l10n-de or iceweael-l10n-de I've firefox with german menu.

And I think it also has not to do with FreeBSD. Because claws-mail is in german, all kde4 stuff is in german, libreoffice is in german. So why such a popular piece of software like firefox not? I hope there is a way to get a german localized firefox.

Kind regards,
Holger

In about:addons click Preferences on the "Quick Locale Switcher" addon. Make sure that "User interface language (general.useragent.locale preference)" is checked. Changing the language using the locale switcher should work now (it's hidden in Firefox' menu and pressing Alt-t-l should open the correct menu for you).

The "Quick Locale Switcher" addon was installed alongside www/firefox-i18n for me. I did not have to install it separately.

Thanks. It is an other addon as I tested, but it works not for me.
Edit: With this addon all addons now are german, but not the menu.

Back