Firefox/Waterfox Extensions

Hi All,

I cannot seem to be able to get any extensions to install in firefox or waterfox. when I click on add, it downloads the extension but nothing shows up .... Any ideas??

yes, i too am having exactly the same problem with firefox quantum (v57+)
before quantum, extensions were working fine, and continued working. but i deleted that firefox profile, and now i cannot install/add any extensions, to a new profile, using either firefox-esr or firefox.
i've been able to install *one* extension to waterfox, but cannot install any other extensions... ?

note that the only way i have found that does work, is downloading the .xpi from addons.mozilla.org, then adding it from about:debugging - however this is not safe because:
"The new temporary add-on feature bypasses the add-on signing restrictions that are in place in Firefox allowing you to load unsigned extensions in the browser."

… waterfox. when I click on add, it downloads the extension but nothing shows up .... Any ideas??

Is the issue reproducible with Waterfox 56.2.3?

Rarely, I find problems – with both Firefox and Waterfox – with installation of updates not proceeding, after apparent completion of downloads, at about:addons. (Worked around by simply quitting; I'm not seeking support.)

Never a problem, to the best of my recollection, with the web interface to addons.mozilla.org

I just installed the Grammarly extension for www/firefox 62.0.2 without any problems. Unless you consider having to sign up for full features a problem.

All my extensions work and installed in the regular manner. NoScript, PrivacyBadger, HTTPS Everywhere, ToggleReferrer, uBlock Origin and User-Agent Switcher. Grammerly is working as I type so it's not bad either.

play-with

Nice find!

Mixing that with a fork of Save File to:

2018-09-29 12:07:43 Opening stream.m3u.png

Well, goodbye Grammarly... The unregistered version left something to be desired so I was going to sign up for a free account, till I looked at their Privacy Policy. Everything you type while using their software is transmitted back to them.

We collect this Information as you use the Site, Software, and/or Services:

User Content. This consists of all text, documents, or other content or information uploaded, entered, or otherwise transmitted by you in connection with your use of the Services and/or Software.

https://www.grammarly.com/privacy-policy#what-information-does-grammarly-collect-about-me

I wondered why the text content in the space I was working in flashed green when I was finished typing something...

Back