Firefox not showing graphics all of a sudden.

As of about 3 hours ago, my firefox started not showing graphics. I am not sure why, I was just using my system, and it stopped working just before lunch my time. I noticed that it happened on my desktop machine when I tried to go into my gmail account. It's as if all my formatting has disappeared.

So the four images I have attached to this post are:
  • This forum in chromium, which is sitting directly next to
  • This forum in firefox
  • ebay not reflecting images on a page
  • gmail that won't even let me log in
Anyone got a suggestion of what may have gone sideways?

Thanks,
--vr

Attachments

• chromium.jpg
    chromium.jpg
    264 KB · Views: 36
  • firefox.jpg
    firefox.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 36
  • ebay.jpg
    ebay.jpg
    175.6 KB · Views: 34
  • gmail.jpg
    gmail.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 36
This looks very much like the CSS (cascading style sheets) were not applied. Maybe they could not be downloaded for some reason. Are you perhaps out of disk space? Does clearing temporary files and browser cache make a difference?

What video card and drivers do you use? I have Radeon RX 6600 and amdgpu. If I play too many videos with mpv then it looks something is getting exhausted in the driver. Mpv startup becomes very slow and whole X11 sluggish too

This looks very much like the CSS (cascading style sheets) were not applied. Maybe they could not be downloaded for some reason. Are you perhaps out of disk space? Does clearing temporary files and browser cache make a difference?
I think it was upstream (e.g. the "upgrades" the cable company is doing on their infrastructure?), because as suddenly as it started, it fixed itself.

What video card and drivers do you use? I have Radeon RX 6600 and amdgpu. If I play too many videos with mpv then it looks something is getting exhausted in the driver. Mpv startup becomes very slow and whole X11 sluggish too
I have an nVidia RTX-3060Ti. Never had a problem with it before, plus the system was working fine this morning when I started working (8am EDT), up until it wasn't, at about 11am EDT. Then it started behaving again, about 4pm EDT.

Back