Firefox does not compile under FreeBSD 13.3

Hello to everyone.

One of my systems is based on FreeBSD 13.3. Today I tried the installation of Firefox from ports but the compilation stopped when it tried to compile the port "security / nss". Maybe it stopped because a bug,but I'm not sure. I would like to read your opinion about what happens.

Code:
mario@marietto-132:/usr/ports/security/nss # doas make MAKE_JOBS_UNSAFE=yes

/usr/ports/security/nss/work/nss-3.98/nss/cmd/shlibsign/FreeBSD13.3_OPT.OBJ/shlibsign -v -i /usr/ports/security/nss/work/nss-3.98/nss/cmd/shlibsign/../../../dist/FreeBSD13.3_OPT.OBJ/lib/libsoftokn3.so

moduleSpec configdir='' certPrefix='' keyPrefix='' secmod='' flags=noCertDB, noModDB

C_Initialize failed: 0x00000030, CKR_DEVICE_ERROR              
NSPR error code: -5977: Failure to load dynamic library
Initiailzing softoken failed: 0x00000030, CKR_DEVICE_ERROR              
NSPR error code: -5977: Failure to load dynamic library

gmake[4]: *** [Makefile:92: ../../../dist/FreeBSD13.3_OPT.OBJ/lib/libsoftokn3.chk] Error 1
gmake[4]: Leaving directory '/usr/ports/security/nss/work/nss-3.98/nss/cmd/shlibsign'
gmake[3]: *** [Makefile:100: libs] Error 2
gmake[3]: Leaving directory '/usr/ports/security/nss/work/nss-3.98/nss/cmd/shlibsign'
gmake[2]: *** [../coreconf/rules.mk:44: shlibsign] Error 2
gmake[2]: Leaving directory '/usr/ports/security/nss/work/nss-3.98/nss/cmd'
gmake[1]: *** [coreconf/rules.mk:44: cmd] Error 2
gmake[1]: Leaving directory '/usr/ports/security/nss/work/nss-3.98/nss'
gmake: *** [manifest.mn:21: all] Error 2
*** Error code 1

new error ?

Code:
mario@marietto-133:/usr/ports/www/firefox # make MAKE_JOBS_UNSAFE=yes

===>   firefox-124.0,2 depends on file: /usr/local/sbin/pkg - found
===> Fetching all distfiles required by firefox-124.0,2 for building
===>  Extracting for firefox-124.0,2
=> SHA256 Checksum OK for firefox-124.0.source.tar.xz.
chmod: /usr/ports/www/firefox/work/firefox-124.0/netwerk/protocol/http/Http2Push.cpp: Bad file descriptor
chmod: /usr/ports/www/firefox/work/firefox-124.0/gfx/angle/checkout/src/compiler/translator/SymbolTable.cpp: Bad file descriptor
chmod: /usr/ports/www/firefox/work/firefox-124.0/js/src/jit-test/tests/parser/bug-1357075.js: Bad file descriptor
*** Error code 1

NB : this is only a temp error...

Quote:

Code:
=> SHA256 Checksum OK for firefox-124.0.source.tar.xz.
chmod: /usr/ports/www/firefox/work/firefox-124.0/netwerk/protocol/http/Http2Push.cpp: Bad file descriptor
chmod: /usr/ports/www/firefox/work/firefox-124.0/gfx/angle/checkout/src/compiler/translator/SymbolTable.cpp: Bad file descriptor
chmod: /usr/ports/www/firefox/work/firefox-124.0/js/src/jit-test/tests/parser/bug-1357075.js: Bad file descriptor
*** Error code 1

Bad file descriptors with 13.3-RELEASE in a different context: ZFS - rsync - Bad file descriptor

The same error.

Thanks.

With use of poudriere, and packages (except the specified ports) fetched by poudriere, builds do succeed for both security/nss and www/firefox.

Code:
root@marietto-133:/usr/ports/www/firefox # make MAKE_JOBS_UNSAFE=yes

===>   firefox-124.0,2 depends on package: nspr>=4.32 - found
===>   firefox-124.0,2 depends on package: nss>=3.98 - not found

/!\ WARNING /!\

You have security/openssl installed but do not have
DEFAULT_VERSIONS+=ssl=openssl set in your make.conf

Do you have that setting – DEFAULT_VERSIONS+=ssl=openssl – in your /etc/make.conf file, or not?

Bear in mind, it's a warning, not an error.

---> Do you have that setting in your /etc/make.conf file, or not ?

yes.

Anyway,I'm tryng to "make" Firefox on my secondary PC where I have installed the same version of FreeBSD,13.3. When "make" has completed,I will detach the disk and I will attach it to the PC where there is the disk where I have installed the broken FreeBSD 13.3. The idea is to copy the content of the directory "work" on that disk and finally I will do "make install". I don't know if this trick will work. For the moment I don't see the "nss" error.

Help me to understand how it works : if I give only a "make" and not also a "make install",libraries are installed on /usr/local/lib,anyway ? I need to know this because if they are installed there,I will try to MERGE the libraries installed on /usr/local/lib of the secondary PC,on the same path of the first,damaged system.

Are you sure ? because I'm making chromium and at some point it says that it misses the pipewire libraries. It didn't find them and the compilation stopped. At this point,I made pipewire as a standalone port and then I came back to chrome and I gave again a make and the compilation restarted. This does not seem to me a "normal" behavior,anyway.

Can someone explain why if I compile a port on the machine A (with a make ; make install) and then I copy the build directory of that port on the machine B and then I do make and / or make install here,nothing happens ? (the machines have different hardware,but the same FreeBSD version,of course).

Can someone explain why if I compile a port on the machine A (with a make ; make install) and then I copy the build directory of that port on the machine B and then I do make and / or make install here,nothing happens ? (the machines have different hardware,but the same FreeBSD version,of course).
I do not understand? Is it a trick to try that? I see no reason. Also I installed Firefox using in frebsd13.1, pkg. At start it dies if using wifi.

Last edited:
Back