Fifteen second wait for profile posts?

No message about moderator approval? Just a delay? I haven't noticed anything, I'll try to see if there's anything in the logs.

No messages. I did try to rapid-fire two profile comments to work around the character limit, but I didn't use a script or anything like that. It was just me typing and submitting the second message as soon as I had hit "post" on the first one.

We have had this for a few months. Since the last changes.

I do alot of teaser profile posts (to not spam up the main page) and follow up with a quick profile post elaborating.
It makes me wait over 60 seconds for second post.

Keeps the signal to noise ratio down I would guess.

Not being able to delete posts is not optimal. You can delete profile posts.
I have a bad habit of going overboard.

I'm not sure if that was different before, but also when replying in the same forum thread, it requires a 60 sec waiting between posts (a message notifies the wait period).

it requires a 60 sec waiting between posts (a message notifies the wait period).
I post a lot and haven't noticed anything, but my account is probably exempted from various settings (I can post to 'closed' threads too) due to its admin status.

I post a lot and haven't noticed anything, but my account is probably exempted from various settings (I can post to 'closed' threads too) due to its admin status.
I write my replies on a external editor first, then log into forums. Sometimes the reply is to multiple postings in the same thread (mind "same thread"). 1st reply, copy & paste, post, 2nd reply same. Here the forums software imposes a 60 second waiting period between postings. See screenshots below.

This does not happen when replying to different threads.

This waiting period is new. A bit annoying. Maybe against spam.
It looks like xenforo thinks i'm unable to answer different threads in a short time or i must be a "bot".

I was wrong. It's not 60 seconds but more. Sorry for the partial Screenshot:

Screenshot-1.png Screenshot-2.png

It is not so much an anti-spam feature as it is an anti-chat feature.
Before this 'cooling off timer' was imposed, there was quite a lot of rapid-fire back & forward, especially between people who didn't really get along and started bickering.
No two specific people, it just happens on forums that from time to time a pair (2>=) of members don't see eye to eye and square off in a topic, ruining it for the others.
I'll look into settings and time periods, but this is a useful feature to maintain a good S/N ratio.

Not being able to delete posts is not optimal.
This measure was put into place to prevent angry leaving members from sitting down and deleting all of their posts out of spite, potentially ruining hundreds of topics. It is possible for an admin to reinstate all of those deleted posts (and they will), but it is a lot of work. Anyone who wants to delete a post can ask a mod or an admin to do so, and it will be done, so long as it doesn't derail an entire topic.

Back