ffmpeg not listed by pkg search - armv6

Hi. Im running Freebsd on a raspberry pi 1B and have a need for multimedia/ffmpeg (libav could work too but its depreciated I think). But when I search for it using pkg-search, it is not listed.

Here's the output of uname -a.
FreeBSD rpi-b 13.1-RELEASE FreeBSD 13.1-RELEASE releng/13.1-n250148-fc952ac2212 RPI-B arm

I have tried a few things. I force updated pkg using pkg update -f. I installed the ports collection but couldn't find it there. I hopped around the ffmpeg website and tried compiling it from source using git clone https://git.ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg.git ffmpeg, but the configure script failed --though tbh I have very little experience building from source. The error I got when running the configure script was gcc is unable to create an executable file. C compiler test failed.

I've searched around a bunch of places but pretty much everything on how to "install ffmpeg on freebsd" says use pkg install ffmpeg (Ive tried that too, I just get the pkg: No packages available to install matching 'ffmpeg' have been found in the repositories response).

I saw on freshports that FreeBSD 12 armv6 has ffmpeg 4.3.1_4,1 but that FreeBSD 13 and 14 list armv6 as fallout. The other fallouts on this page usually say "repo not found" but hovering over the fallout indicator for freebsd 13 armv6 shows normal stats. Theres also no entries at https://portsfallout.com/fallout?port=multimedia/ffmpeg$ about any fallout for ffmpeg.

So, do I have to downgrade to FreeBSD 12 to use ffmpeg on my old rpi? Or is there a way to compile it from source? If it can be compiled, I would very much appreciate help with that.

Thanks in advanced

That's what I was afraid of. I'm kinda a noob at freebsd. I'm in the process of reading Absolute FreeBSD by MWL.
Could anyone help point me in the right direction to build ffmpeg (or really any package in general). Thanks!

The 'target' you're looking for is make package

From ports(7):
Code:
     package              Make a binary package for the port.  The port will
                          be installed if it has not already been.  The
                          package is a .pkg file that you can use to install
                          the port on other machines with pkg-add(8).  If the
                          directory specified by PACKAGES does not exist, the
                          package will be put into the current directory.  See
                          PKGREPOSITORY and PKGFILE.

Back