Feature suggestion: Warning when dual-replying to a thread

Hi gang,

Now, I have no experience with vBulletin what-so-ever and the only reason I'm commenting right now is because I somewhat became familiar with the behaviour I'm addressing here on one of my other (few!) favourite fora: the Ableton forum (forum about Ableton Live; a so called "Digital Audio Workstation" or "software synthesizer"). Their forum is powered by phpBB.

When two people comment on the Ableton forum the last person in the "queue" will get a warning that while he was writing things up someone else also responded to the thread, which then gives him the opportunity to go over the other comment(s) before also sending in his own reply.

I have no idea how that is done (I assume a plugin) and in all honesty I don't think that this is a feature which is lacking here, but I sometimes do notice that when I'm busy writing stuff up someone else also got the same idea of commenting.

Not a problem perse, also most certainly not a complaint, but I figured I could just as well send in a feature suggestion.

And here it is, thanks for your attention.

Back