Solved Failure in "make packages" when upgrading 14.0 to 14.1

I am currently trying to update my source tree to be based on 14.1, current based on 14.0. buildworld and buildkernel completed without errors, but make packages fails. The culprit is release/packages/generate-ucl.lua, which is new in 14.1. Makefile.inc and release/packages/generate-usl.sh are attempting to execute it (it's got a #!/usr/libexec/lua), which fails because my /usr/src has a flag set which prevents execution. The system has been upgraded from older version of FreeBSD, and that setting was a part of the original installation. Is that flag no longer being set on /usr/src in FreeBSD 14.1, or is the build wrong to be trying to run the script this way? If the flag is no longer set, I'd like to know how to change it. If the build is wrong, I can open a bug. I'm working around it a.t.m. by changing calls to /usr/libexec/flua ${srctree}/release/packages/generate-ucl.lua.

which fails because my /usr/src has a flag set which prevents execution. The system has been upgraded from older version of FreeBSD, and that setting was a part of the original installation. Is that flag no longer being set on /usr/src in FreeBSD 14.1
You mean noexec? Or the ZFS property exec=off? No, that was never set.

You are correct - zroot/usr/src has exec=off - something done locally I guess. I was remembering something different though, something I had to change with chflags in the past. Apparently no longer relevant.

Thanks.

Back